Dressing for dinner the first night

We are sailing on the Sovereign and the first night is casual dress. But how casual is it? I'm trying to pack as lightly as possible and would love to wear to dinner what I wear on the ship. I'm wearing sear sucker crop pants and a light sweater. Is this too casual?

We are sailing on the Sovereign and the first night is casual dress. But how casual is it? I'm trying to pack as lightly as possible and would love to wear to dinner what I wear on the ship. I'm wearing sear sucker crop pants and a light sweater. Is this too casual?

Your crop pants and sweater will be perfect. I like to carry a change of clothes as we have a long flight and I like to freshen up before dinner. I also carry my swimsuit, pj's etc. in my carry on. But pants and a top are just fine for first night in the dining room.

Have a great cruise.

You can wear what you described. I always take a carry on with a bathing suit, cover-up, and a change for dinner the first night because I am usually hot and tired by the time dinner rolls around and sick of what I had on. Nothing too fancy, just a simple T-dress with sandals most of the time. I always feel that I look appropriate.

We just did a cruise in Hawaii and noticed alot of shorts for dinner the first evening. I suppose on Alaska cruises people might wear sweatshirts and jeans first night. I figure "casual" is whatever each guest wants to wear that night. My husband considers "dress up" anything other than jeans and sneakers. He hates the tie and jacket night. Takes many beverages to get that outfit on him on vacation.

Mary & John

Plymouth, MA

Just returned from the Navigator and this is not a compaint but I saw more shorts, jeans and t-shirts in the dining room all week long, not just the first night. It did not cjange my dining habits but whatever you wear, you will not bwe alone.

Archived