Help with Wine Package & Drinks Purchased on Enchantment, first voyage

I have been fortunate to be asked by a relative to share a superior balcony room when her daughter had to cancel, on her April 14- 5day to Bermuda sail. I'd like to purchase as a GIFT for this, one or two (yes we like wine!) packages for the both of us, but I am not sure how it works.

Once purchased do we have to have the bottle only in a particular place - if we are " bar hoping" for instance, OR can we have a glass in one spot; a glass in another..save a few for dinners?How do they keep track of this, or is it not doable? I don't want to have to chug a bottle everywhere we end up on the Enchantment (though I've been known to finish them off :))

I am thrilled she asked me and would just like to do this and not spend tons of money each day buying us the wine.(And I don't want her paying any of it; therefore the packages!)

Any info appreciated! Love this forum; it has helped me plan our trip to St. Petersburg on Silversea (but everything is included in that one - nice!) However, I am thrilled to be with my cuz exploring the ship and Bermuda - a great getaway for us!

Help with those drinks though is much appreciated. For instance, how much is a G&T at lunch, so I can be sure to budget accordingly. I read about taking a sports bottle to fill with water; great idea - and other than the wine, bubbly and an occasional g&t I'm READY!;)

Thanks so much!

MB

When you purchase a wine package, you are only able to get any of the bottles in the MDR, specialty restaurant, and I assume the WJ (I have never tried this). Once you open a bottle, it is yours. You can take the bottle from the dinner table with you or send it to room service to be delivered to you. You can open more than 1 bottle in a sitting if you so desire.

If you purchase the wine package when you get onboard, you will get a sticker on your sea pass card. When you order your bottles, they will swipe your card and make you sign for each bottle to keep track of the number of bottles you open versus the number you open. If you purchase your package online before you get on the ship, you will have a notation on your sea pass card. If you do this you will not have to pay taxes in the package. Swiping and signing all still happens even if you purchase the package online.

I hope this was helpful...

I have been fortunate to be asked by a relative to share a superior balcony room when her daughter had to cancel, on her April 14- 5day to Bermuda sail. I'd like to purchase as a GIFT for this, one or two (yes we like wine!) packages for the both of us, but I am not sure how it works.

Once purchased do we have to have the bottle only in a particular place - if we are " bar hoping" for instance, OR can we have a glass in one spot; a glass in another..save a few for dinners?How do they keep track of this, or is it not doable? I don't want to have to chug a bottle everywhere we end up on the Enchantment (though I've been known to finish them off :))

I am thrilled she asked me and would just like to do this and not spend tons of money each day buying us the wine.(And I don't want her paying any of it; therefore the packages!)

Any info appreciated! Love this forum; it has helped me plan our trip to St. Petersburg on Silversea (but everything is included in that one - nice!) However, I am thrilled to be with my cuz exploring the ship and Bermuda - a great getaway for us!

Help with those drinks though is much appreciated. For instance, how much is a G&T at lunch, so I can be sure to budget accordingly. I read about taking a sports bottle to fill with water; great idea - and other than the wine, bubbly and an occasional g&t I'm READY!;)

Thanks so much!

MB

Thank you so much Shanna . exactly what I needed to know; The budget will be expanding for "bar visits" for sure! Appreciate your reply; we are very much looking forward to this first cruise on Enchantment!

Archived