GoBoston Card

kickerann

Anyone used the GoBoston Card for a day in Boston? We are planning on using it around town on a Saturday and hopefully getting the two days of the Trolley Tour to get us over to Fenway on Sunday for a tour.

It will be 4 of us, which includes an 11 year old boy and my Dad who is in his 60's.

• 1 month later...

I used it about 4 years ago and used the Hop on Off Trolley. If you are going to go more than more place on the list, it's good.

It is confusing about where to go to start the Trolley tour and since my cruise is 7 days - it doesn't work for us to use until we get off the ship :(

We bought them a few years ago and we really did get our money's worth. We estimated that we got double what the card cost.

We bought all day passes for the transit and just moved from venue to venue. You do have to do some planning so you don't backtrack. But it was a long day but my goodness we saw and did a lot. We only had a one-day ticket but we were able to use it the next day for the trolley tour before we headed to the pier.

I got the Go Card the first time I went to Boston but I think with a little planning you can do better. I found the Boston subway system very easy to navigate and it is much cheaper then the hop on hop off buses. The biggest advantage of the hop on hop off buses I found was the they have a stop at USS Constitution while the subway doesn't but with the money you save you can take a cab and still be ahead.

A nice side trip if you have time is to take the Green Line to the North Station and take the train to Salem. As I remember (it has been a while) the train ride was about 30 minutes to Salem. I believe the House of the Seven Gables is one of the attractions on the Go Card and it is in Salem. While this house was nice I didn't think it was worth the price of admission but if you are a Nathanial Hawthorne fan I am sure you will disagree. Salem is a neat place regardless. I found Paul Revere's house on Boston's North End more interesting but I like history too.

Shak

I got the Go Card the first time I went to Boston but I think with a little planning you can do better. I found the Boston subway system very easy to navigate and it is much cheaper then the hop on hop off buses. The biggest advantage of the hop on hop off buses I found was the they have a stop at USS Constitution while the subway doesn't but with the money you save you can take a cab and still be ahead.

Shak

There is also an MBTA water taxi from Long Wharf near the Aquarium and Faneuil Hall to the Constitution in Charlestown for $1.70 each way.

Archived