Corfu - Boat Rental or Private Grotto Tour

Redbarnphotog

I can't find any information online regarding the above subjects.

I'm very excited to see the grottos in Corfu, but I want the time to take more professional images of the area. Those loaded boat trips are most likely going to be to quick and crowded for my taste.

Can anyone direct me to or give me more info on a private boat tour company or a boat rental (regular boat or paddle/pedal boat) company?

• 4 weeks later...

:)Last September I booked a private boat with Captain. Twelve of us from our cruise spent the day with Lakis on his Nautilus boat. He picked us up from the cruise port and headed to some caves, provided snorkel equipment. Next we went to some cliffs for diving and swimming. Lunch was grilled on the back of the boat, served with his homemade wine on a private beach. Lakis prepared some of the best Greek food we had on the whole trip! We all agreed this was one of our favorite ports.

The water in Corfu is beautiful, and Nautilus Cruises with Lakis is the perfect way to relax and swim and enjoy the views.

Vanessa & Iakis Are the owners-Iakis is the Captain, on our cruise his wife prepared all the food, we stopped via boat and picked up fresh food basket from her, and Iakis grilled on the back of his boat. You can email me at bwise333@aol.com for more details if you wish.

Link-http://www.dailycruisescorfu.com/gallery.html

His Price last year-"Our prices normally start at 500 euros for up to 5 people for the boat for the day and includes meal, wine and soft drinks. Any extra guests are welcome at an additional cost of 40 euros per person.

I hope you get to have a great day with Iakis and his boat! Brigitte

• 3 weeks later...

:)I spent hours searching for private boat tours in Corfu last year. It was our second visit to Corfu in two years. First visit, we rented car and drove everywhere, we also went on a grotto boat trip. We loved the water so much on our first trip, that I was determined to find a private boat for the second trip. My husband and I live in Florida and we have our own boat, but there is something special about the Corfu water. I found Nautilus Private Boat Tour and took a chance, it was in my mine like starring in a Greek movie. The boat is laid out with a lot of room, the whole boat from the aft to captain's chair is open, no walls. Up the stairs on the upper deck there is more seating. I did not have 12 people when I first booked the boat, I was told to give notice a few days before arrival in order to have enough food. Once on cruise ship we reached 12 people, I then called Captain and updated numbers. Twelve people worked out great! The captain actually picks you up in the port by boat, so no transport issues. Do not hesitate to book Nautilus Boat Tour, we need more reviews posted online. We can't wait to go back!:)

Bww... I think I read your review on the Greece board. I've actually contacted Nautilus and they responded that they were available! I emailed back to try to book but have not heard back yet. Fingers crossed that they are just busy. The kids are super excited about spending the day on the boat, and I'm excited about lunch. Hopefully Miss Vanessa responds back tomorrow!

You will have a great time!:) One tip I have is to ask your cabin steward to put some ice in a plastic bag for you, then carry to boat. Ice is a premium in Europe, there were many drink coolers filled with cold drinks, but no ice. Also, a water proof camera was great for taking pictures in the dark cave, where you go snorkling. I also used it to take pictures of the cliff jumping. Tell the Captain and wife I said Hello!

OOh!! Excellent tips, for sure. We have the waterproof camera already, and I will remember the ice. My husband likes ice with his drinks, so that will be a hit. Would never have thought of it.

Vanessa wrote us back today and we are fully confirmed. The kids are really excited!

My kids are somewhat picky eaters, so I chose chicken and king prawns for the lunch. What did you have??

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I will definitely write about it when we get home.

bw333, who did you use for your grotto boat trip on your first trip to Corfu? We will be renting a car like you did but would love to get out on the water (my wife didn't want to rent a boat for the full day from Nautilus).

Thanks

Chris

On Nautilus Private Boat-we picked fish and prawns, for lunch, it was a whole fish per person, fish head included. Being a Forida girl, I tore the heads off of mosts of the womens fish.:) We also had greek salads, and other surprises. Food will not disapoint you! Email me if you would like some pictures.

First Trip to Corfu two years ago-We rented a car from Sunrise Car Rental, 70 Euros plus 25 for gas. Drove to Paleokastritsa, and took a boat ride to Grottos. Easy 30 minute drive, views and water were breathtaking. Drove back to Corfu, South of Corfu we drove to the Palace, views were nice, tasted local Koum Kouat Liqueur, located across the street from Palace.

Thanks so much BW333 for posting info. I had wanted to take a grotto boat tour but didn't feel like renting a car to go to Paleokastritsa beach then coordinating a trip from there. This sounds awesome, I'm going to start rounding up other people to join on our roll call.

Sandy

• 2 months later...
You will have a great time!:) One tip I have is to ask your cabin steward to put some ice in a plastic bag for you, then carry to boat. Ice is a premium in Europe, there were many drink coolers filled with cold drinks, but no ice. Also, a water proof camera was great for taking pictures in the dark cave, where you go snorkling. I also used it to take pictures of the cliff jumping. Tell the Captain and wife I said Hello!

We did it!! Just back from our cruise 2 days ago, and this day in Corfu with Iakis remains a highlight of our trip. He picked us up right by our ship, toured us around for swimming and sightseeing, prepared fabulous food, and gave us a an all around wonderful excursion. I can't say highly enough how much we enjoyed our trip. I'll have a full report with photos up soon!!

Thank you so much for your original post and tip for this day!

Finally got our photos edited... here are a few from our day with Iakis or... visit our blog for a full review!

Corfu-Greece-saganaki-1-of-1-S.jpg

Saganaki... something I've never tasted before, but it remains a highlight of our whole trip!

Corfu-Greece-1-of-1-2-S.jpg

The kids (and dads!) loved the cliff jumping!

Corfu-Greece-1-of-1-18-S.jpg

Now that's a view....

Corfu-Greece-1-of-1-3-S.jpg

Lunch anyone??

We just returned from our Med cruise and one of the highlights was the Nautilus boat trip. We had a group of 17 which was perfect for the size of the boat. Captain Lakis took us to the caves and the lighthouse to jump off the rocks. Then he grilled up the most fantastic lunch with lots of Greek bread, salad, and tsaziki and plentry of drinks. Fantastic. His wife Vanessa coordinates the trips. They can be reached at nautiluscruisescorfu@gmail.com.

That sounds so awesome. Is it appropriate for a 6 year old girl? or is adults only? Also, unless the weather is bad, are the waters around Corfu calm?

Absolutely appropriate for a 6 year old! She would LOVE it! Iakis has a couple of inflatable rings to float on, but you might think of bringing something for her if she is not water safe. Many times we moored very close to shore as well, so she could play on the beaches. Not big sandy beaches, more of a thin stretch with some sand and rocks.

Also, if she is particular on food, he makes the most wonderful chicken. My kids were somewhat particular, so we did ask for the chicken. They ended up trying everything though!

Yes, the waters were very calm for our day of travel.:)

Here's a sample of the floatie ring he had onboard:

Corfu-Greece-Nautilus-Daily-S.jpg

Edited by DrmnOfMaui

Bummed, just looked at the website and the boat gets back to late for us to make it to the ship on time since we sail at 3pm! And I don't have enough people for a private hire! Oh well, back to the drawing board for me!

Bummed, just looked at the website and the boat gets back to late for us to make it to the ship on time since we sail at 3pm! And I don't have enough people for a private hire! Oh well, back to the drawing board for me!

We did a private hire with just 4 people and he arranged the times to fit our schedule! Give Vanessa a shout and see what she can do for you. If you hire the boat, I'm guessing they will do whatever you would like!:)

I put together our group of 17 (12 adults, 5 teens) through our Cruise Critic Roll Call. Because we had 17 people it made the per person cost very reasonable. Because our cruise left port at 3:30 the Nautilus picked us up at 8 and had us back to the dock by 3. It worked out great.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on this trip in August with Tina. It was absolutely amazing! We swam in some amazing places with beautiful clear blue water. Our lunch was fabulous! We had some older children on our trip but I would not hesitate for a 6 year old. they are very flexible with their times - call them to see if they can fit you in. you will not be disappointed. It was one of the best days of our trip!

• 1 month later...
I put together our group of 17 (12 adults, 5 teens) through our Cruise Critic Roll Call. Because we had 17 people it made the per person cost very reasonable. Because our cruise left port at 3:30 the Nautilus picked us up at 8 and had us back to the dock by 3. It worked out great.

Sounds like you had as much fun as we did!! Still dreaming of our day in Corfu!!!

• 3 weeks later...

:) I decided to check back and see if everyone enjoyed their trip to Corfu this Summer. Sounds like the Nautilus boat once again made everyone happy. The Nautilus husband and wife team sure know how to turn Corfu port into special memories! Your pictures turned out great! Brigitte

• 4 years later...

resurrecting this old thread because I have the same question. I'm not hearing back from the company recommended here, so I'm wondering if anyone else has a recommendation of a boat to hire for the afternoon in Corfu.