MDR questions for recent Spirit cruisers

gacruiser5

I have only previously sailed on fantasy class ships and am scheduled to sail on Spirit May 1. The last cruise on fantasy class had booths in the MDR and we were assigned to one of them. This cruise there will be six of us and we hope this would not happen again. For those recent cruisers, are there still booths in the main dining room? I was told that the only way to insure a table for six was to talk to the maitre d when we board the ship. If we are in a booth and cannot change tables, can we change to my time dining? Thanks for any help!

First, make sure everyone's bookings are "linked." Call Carnival or your TA if booked independently to have this happen. In most cases, that should get all of you seated together. In the off chance that doesn't happen you can try speaking with the Maitre'd on the day you board and, if able, he will get you all seated together. The MDR does have booths but they have even more tables that hold larger parties.

You can't switch to any-time dining once onboard.

Archived