On newer ships, is this the way the sail and sign card system works?

baf

Hi-I was wondering if anyone could tell about the newer ships that use the sail and sign card for the room key and credit card and boarding pass:

First of all do you have do lock the door with a sail and sign card, or does the door lock once you close it?

If you do have to lock the door with your sail and sign card, does the person who locked the door need to unlock it to or can another occupant of the cabin open the door although another occupant of the same cabin locked it?

:confused: :confused:

Thank you!!! I got a little scared since I read a recent Elation review and that is what it said...maybe the person was confused?:confused:

Could they have been talking about the door on the safe? Because the safe has to locked and unlocked by the same card. And it doesnt have to be the S&S card, it can be any card with a magnetic strip...as long as it is the same one.

Here is what the review said:

I was not impressed with the safe accessibility for locking. Who ever locks it with their ‘sail & sign’ card is the ONLY card that will unlock it. A little inconvenient sometimes.

Here is what the review said:

I was not impressed with the safe accessibility for locking. Who ever locks it with their ‘sail & sign’ card is the ONLY card that will unlock it. A little inconvenient sometimes.

You do have your second wind tonight. You got to that before I did.:)

I think the OP is probably our friend who was banned the other day. Sounds like the same guy to me!!! Same behavior as before....look at his posts. I know I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Archived