Just off the Mariner

We just got off the Mariner, our first cruise. This a beautiful ship, spotless, great service. My biggest disapointment was the food. In my opinion it sucked. Too much gourmet and not enough variety. The chair hog situation was like I had read it would be. We watched a woman put about a dozen towels on chairs over the pool bar and literally stand guard over them with no one using them and nothing done by the pool patrol. I'll catch hell over this one, but the pool band(Focus), I don't see what all the hype is over them. They sounded like they were playing the same thing over and over again. A band with a little variety would be nice. Other than the above mentioned our first cruise experience was a good one although the next time we might look at some other lines

We just got off the Mariner a week ago and we thought the food in the dining room was fabulous. If we didn't like something, they brought something else. There was steak and pasta offered everynight if you did not want something off the main menu. You could also get ceasar salad every night. The food in the Windjammer was so-so, but the dining room was great. We also enjoyed our meal at Chops one night as well. Since our cruise 2 years ago we thought the food as improved.

Archived