Wrp96........ Tipping Question

I read on another thread where you mentioned if you tip the bartender well he/she will take care of you throughout the cruise. Would you mind me asking what you consider "well". Like anyone else, would be willing to tip extra for the "added benefits". :p

I think that is a question only you can answer... your suggested amount might differ significantly from anyone else's just due to the money at hand.

As for us, we tipped at the end of the week -- last night. We gave our favorite two bartenders each an envelope with cash... undisclosed amount, but what we though was a "good" tip. ;)

The first day whenever I went to buy drinks I added an additional large tip to the tip that is already on the bar bill. While drinking that first day, I made sure to talk to the bartenders and get to know them. Of course, it may have helped that I am a young single female and I was traveling alone. But I wasn't the only person that these bartenders took care of so who knows. And I made sure to go back and tip at the end of the week as well (based on what I drank, not what I actually paid for, which wasn't much).

We tipped our favorite bartenders at the end of the week, the ones that served us frequently. Believe me you will be well taken care of without tipping in advance. The service was excellent everywhere.

I was told by our bartender that if you give them cash they get to keep it if you add it to the bill it is pooled amongst them. Not sure, we tipped a few dollars extra from the beginning of the cruise, they called us by name, gave us free drinks, and bottled water on port days. They really appreciate it also!

Archived