underwater camera rentals in Barbados???

tantoine

Are there dive shops who rent out underwater camera's in Barbados? i am taking a excusion snorkeling with the turtles and wreck dive. who rent out underwater cameras?? Will be taking a snorkeling tour would like to take some good pics. Also if you know what the going rate is to rent. Thanks !

We dive with Andrew at EcoDive in Barbados; he's an accomplished UW photographer, and a good choice, as he can work with the divers in the group with cameras. We were there in February, and I don't think he or any other dive operators rent dive cameras.

Diving with a camera is not that easy - my husband and others in my dive group have them and it takes a lot of skill, good buoyancy control as well as air consumption to manage a camera - that's why dive operators don't rent cameras as a whole. And then there is the issue with downloading the photos afterwards. You aren't thinking of a film camera?

UW sport cameras (the kind you take snorkeling) are relatively inexpensive. Dive cameras are big bucks.

Good luck.

Suzi

Archived