Royal Caribbean VS. Princess

nosam

Hello, we are planning first cruise for Feb 06, and are seriously considering Royal Caribbean ( Mariner or Voyager ), but we would like to spend wisely. I have seen posts on sites where folks LOVE RC but HATE Princess and then I read the complete opposite. From what I gather, food, services and things to do might be quite similar. Is there a big difference in pricing? I am very much wanting to sail the RC Voyager class ships, but will I be saving money and still have a great time on Princess?? Thanks!

Nosam

Hi! I know what you mean. I have cruised RCCL for 3 years in a row. The Brilliance, the Explorer and will be going on my first Pricess cruise on May 1.

Will let you know the differences. I am going with an open mind.

Ann25

I can only compare the Grand to the Radiance.I really enjoyed both but I think I had a little more fun on RCI.I also take my 19 year old daughter and her friend who much prefer RCI.Probably because there were more older passengers on Princess.I don't think you'll be disappointed in either.

We went on RCCL two times, then went on the Grand Princess, we were very disappointed. Came back to RCCL and will be cruising Navigator in September. We have been on Splendour and Radiance and trying the larger ship this time. Just hoping we won't be disappointed in the larger ship. Thought maybe this was the case with Grand Princess. But I think either way RCCL wins!!

As you can see from my signature, RCI is my cruise line of choice.

The one word that best sums up my experience on the Star Princess more than a decade ago is "stuffy". I really enjoy the warmth of the staff on RCI, as well as the fitness activities aboard.

I have never considered going back to Princess.

My husband and I just returned from the Caribbean Princess, our 2nd Princess cruise--the other was on the Golden Princess. Honestly, we thought the ships were nice, but that was about it We have been on the Monarch, Explorer and Brilliance and we feel RCCL is much better from the ship layout to the entertainment schedule. It is a personal choice and many people we talked to last week (mostly older passengers) would not cruise on any other line but Princess, mainly they said because of the food---which we really didn't care for. We are sailing on the Jewel in December and can't wait to be back on RCCL.

I have done 2 RCCL cruises before, and then this past Christmas we decided to try Princess because we heard how much better the food was. We were not impressed. I felt we had better meals on the Voyager and more to do. We sailed on the Dawn . I am now booked on The Mariner for this June and The Freedom for June of 2006.

The only way I would choose Princess over RCCL is if the there was some place I really wanted to go and RCCL did not offer it.

Have sailed RCI 3 times - Soverign, Radience and Explorer. Princess once (Grand).

While we thoroughly enjoyed our experience on Princess, we did not fell like we "fit in" as well as we did on the RCI trips. You will not be disappointed in either experience, but overall, you will find one suits your personality better than the other. There is nothing concrete i can tell you, just an overall atmosphere. We took kids on Explorer and Grand Princess, the had a BLAST on both, but when all was said and done, Explorer was their favorite.

We are booked in Carribean Princess this fall - (Price was right!)

My wife and I agree - Raidence of the Seas - favorite ship!!!

For the record, we have sailed carnival once (never again - did not fit in at all) and Disney twice ( would do it again if the price was right)

My vote goes to RCCL. I am 39 my husband 44 and our son 9, our first cruise was on Navigator of the Seas (Sept 2003) and it was awesome. Our second cruise was on Golden Pricess (Sept 2004) it was O.K. We are cruising on Explorer of the Seas this year and I can't wait. In my opinion, the entertainment and the daily activities are much better on RCCL. The only things I wish RCCL would change is: there pool water, from salt water to fresh water and I wish they had anytime dining. Princess has both but I still prefer RCCL over Princess. When we were on the Navigator we only spent maybe 2 hours at the pool the whole cruise. There were so many other things to do besides swim, which we can do at home (we live in Texas)

Hope this helps..

Archived