Making final payment early

tothill

Is there any disadvantage to making the final payment early? I'm a Canadian paying in US $$ so I'd like to take advantage of the current exchange rate (rather than take my chances).

thanks!

Pride of Aloha

Sept 26/04

The major disadvantage is you will be locked into the current price. If the prices falls you will have a hard time getting the new price. You need to weigh that aganist your view of the exchange rate.

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,

Norway 3/94,4/96

Dreamward 4/97

Dream 12/99

QE2 4/02

Carnival Spirit 7/02

NCL Sun 10/03

NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;22;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800  Alaska Sun

I think when weighing this, you might want to consider the details of your sailing. If you have secured a balcony, I wouldn't worry about the price decreasing on your cat, as they are in high demand and will sell out, if they haven't already long before this. icon_biggrin.gif With other categories there might be a bit more of a gamble. Good luck!

We were upgraded to a balcony when moved over from Pride of America (we originally had an ocenaview booked) so I'm not too worried about a price drop affecting us. But good to know for the future.

thanks for your input icon_smile.gif

Pride of Aloha

Sept 26/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shoreguy:

The major disadvantage is you will be locked into the current price.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you WILL NOT be locked into the current price when making the final payment early. The same cancellation policies apply and if you 60, 75, or 90 days out (depending on your itinerary), you can still cancel and/or rebook without penalty.

Although there are no real advantages to be had, I liked the idea of having my cruise paid off early and on another cruise line it allowed me to book some excursions earlier than normal as they could only be booked at the time after final payment.

KLC

UPCOMING CRUISES:

---------------------

PRIDE OF ???????-HAWAII (01/05)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;01;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

PREVIOUS CRUISES

-------------------------

RCI's Monarch of the Seas (01/04)

Star Princess (6/03)

RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas (4/01)

Carnival's Ecstasy (6/96)

RCI's Viking Serenade (1/94)

I like to wait for the final payment date to pay. Friends of mine were booked on a cruise, made final payment and then the Cruise line went bankrupt days before there departure. They eventually recovered most of there money but it was a hassle. I AM NOT IMPLYING THAT NCL HAS FINIANCIAL TROUBLES.

Archived