bad customer relations

calyptoe

Has Anyone Heard From Carnival Regarding The Feb 19 Glory "trip To Nowhere"?..i Wrote A Letter Of Complaint And They Offered Me $150.00 Towards Onboard Credit If I Book Another Cruise Before December 2005.i Thought This Was An Insult.carnival Has Showed Itself To Be Very Deceitful In The Way They Handled This Cruise.onboard I Was Told They Would Rectify The Situation On A Case By Case Basis,but All I Got Was A Form Letter.also,what Happened To The Petition That Was Signed By Over A Thousand Passengers?i Cruise Once A Year,but Will Never Cruise Or Trust Carnival Again.

There is another thread with a person that was on your cruise, also looking for additional compensation, maybe you could find the thread and you guys could talk... off the boards. I know that you were looking for a free cruise, but I doubt you are going to see more than what you got... True, you missed ports and that stinks, but the ports are not part of the price of the cruise... at best, you should get your port charges back...

There is another thread with a person that was on your cruise, also looking for additional compensation, maybe you could find the thread and you guys could talk... off the boards.

GoinCruisin, I must first say that I enjoy your posts and you're usually very informative. But something has caught my eye twice today that I felt I might bring to your attention.

First, the quote above. You also said on the Glory Refund from 2-19-05 thread:

I'm sorry you guys don't feel it was enough, but you still did get to cruise. Send a letter, and maybe the few of you could exchange email addresses and take it offline. (snip) But it sounds like the few of you that are so irrate are never going to cruise Carnival again anyway, so I would think it would be best to take the discussion off the boards.

But notice your own double-standard when you post on the Parents, Please control your kids!!!!! thread:

The PURPOSE of these boards IS to post! It is a MESSAGE board! Nobody should be meant to feel bad about actually DOING that :rolleyes:

People come here for help, ideas and to share their experiences. Just because you don't share their points of view doesn't make them any less important. Telling people on a message board to "take it off the boards" seems quite impolite to me. I'm sure the Hosts have everything under control and if they think something should be dropped, they'll let everyone know.

Cheeky, thank you for your post... and while I understand your point of view... I was not meaning to be impolite. This topic has been coming up for over 2 months now... there are maybe 3 people that keep bringing them up. This was a one time incident, and the problem is being worked out between the passengers and Carnival. What posts like this do, after being here consistently for several months, is cause new cruisers and new people to the boards to have concerns, major concerns... It happened once and the problem was fixed and the ship is sailing fine now... These matters should be brought up with Carnival... the constant posts of "what did you get" are getting a little old in my opinion, this could go on for years...

I was simply saying that this poster can get together with the others from the other thread and they can discuss what they have done or what they are going to do, off the boards so that the other posters here don't have to weed through what THEY are doing about a past situation... it bogs downs the boards and leads to confusion to new cruisers. We don't need to be involved with what they are doing and what they have heard... just MHO of course. The least that can be done is to keep everything on one thread rather than starting new ones every week... might make it easier for the few that are involved.

My remark to "talk about it off the boards" was not meant to be rude... I just don't see what any of us have to do with it, and none of us can help... if they exchange contact information, they can discuss it amongst themselves which would probably be more effective than in an open forum such as this. I am sorry you were offended :o

Cheeky, thank you for your post... and while I understand your point of view... this one topic has been coming up for over 2 months now... there are maybe 3 people that keep bringing them up. This was a one time incident, and the problem is being worked out between the passengers and Carnival. What posts like this do, after being here consistently for several months, is cause new cruisers and new people to the boards to have concerns, major concerns... It happened once and the problem was fixed and the ship is sailing fine now... I don't think this board is a place to post information regarding lawsuits, attorney generals, etc, etc which is what most of the topics on this sailing refer to. These matters should be brought up with Carnival... the constant posts of "what did you get" are getting a little old in my opinion, this could go on for years... I was simply saying that this poster can get together with the others from the other thread and they can discuss what they have done or what they are going to do, off the boards so that the other posters here don't have to weed through what THEY are doing about a past situation... it bogs downs the boards and leads to confusion to new cruisers. We don't need to be involved with what they are doing and what they have heard... just MHO of course. The least that can be done is to keep everything on one thread rather than starting new ones every week... might make it easier for the few that are involved.

My remark to "talk about it off the boards" was not meant to be rude... I just don't see what any of us have to do with it, and none of us can help... if they exchange contact information, they can discuss it amongst themselves which would probably be more effective than in an open forum such as this. I am sorry you were offended :o

Dang... Couldn't said better myself... You go girl!!! I luv your posts!!! :D

Dang... Couldn't said better myself... You go girl!!! I luv your posts!!! :D

Thanks doll! Where ya been? Have not seen you posting as much! DANGIT!!! I've missed ya!!! Still think you should come join us on the Conquest next October!!!!

Dang, GC!! You're getting seriously attacked tonight from all ends there aren't you??? *****?????

Let's have some Cosmos and fuggedaboudit. :p

LOL, I know... I was just saying that I am not sure how I drew the short straw this morning!!! My bum hurts :( But drinks always helps that! Thanks guuurl!!!

Has Anyone Heard From Carnival Regarding The Feb 19 Glory "trip To Nowhere"?..i Wrote A Letter Of Complaint And They Offered Me $150.00 Towards Onboard Credit If I Book Another Cruise Before December 2005.i Thought This Was An Insult.carnival Has Showed Itself To Be Very Deceitful In The Way They Handled This Cruise.onboard I Was Told They Would Rectify The Situation On A Case By Case Basis,but All I Got Was A Form Letter.also,what Happened To The Petition That Was Signed By Over A Thousand Passengers?i Cruise Once A Year,but Will Never Cruise Or Trust Carnival Again.

Carnival has no control over these problems. We had this problem with Princess last year on our Honeymoon. One of the generators was offline and we missed a few ports. No big deal. Everytime I step onto a cruise ship, I expect the worst.

I am very sorry that this happened, but these types of things happen. Carnival has no control over problems with their ships, acts of gods, or warfare problem. :(

As it turns out, you have been offered substantially *more* than your cruise passage contract calls for. And you are *still* upset? :confused:

Gimme, gimme, gimme.

Sigh ... I suggest you check your letter again, it should say December 2006 (mine does), if not contact Carnival again.

Why not take advantage of the offer and give Carnival a chance to prove they could do it "right".

P.S. To all residents of Key West - I apolgize for all my fellow 2/19 Glory passangers who continually refer to your fair burg as nowhere.

Archived