Boarding time for 10 pm sailing out of San Juan?

We're taking my grandfather (age 94) on the Adventure in June. Ship leaves port at 10 pm. Anybody know how early we can board? We arrive to the airport around 1 pm and I would love to be able to head to the port and board right away, since he will be tired and will probably want to rest up after the trip. My grandfather has been on about 7 Royal Caribbean cruises in the past, if that makes any difference in terms of how early they let you board.

Thanks!

We were on AOC three years ago and were on the ship at 11:30am. It depends on how fast they are able to get everyone off the ship from the previous cruise. If the ship arrives back in port on time, and it almost always does, you should have no problem boarding as soon as you get to the dock.

We were forced to wait in a long line even though we were booked in an owners suite the last time we left from Miami on the Navigator of the Seas while they brought drug dogs aboard but we still boarded by 1pm.

I would recommend you call RCCL and see if there is a proceedure for being able to board as soon as possible due to the age of your grandfather. We were at the dock filling out paperwork at 10am in San Juan and got in line to board then. You can now fill out the paperwork on-line on the RCCL site before you go and this speeds things up a bit.

Lori

Dem-- June 5. My grandfather is so excited about it. I'm a little bit apprehensive-- I hope he will have a good time. It's such a huge ship that it might be too much walking for him. But he's in pretty good shape so I think he'll be okay. My grandmother died last year and having this cruise to look forward to has really raised his spirits!

Hi:

If your grandfather is a member of Crown & Anchor, after 7 cruises (platinum level, I think) he should be entitled to priority boarding. Call the C&A desk and check, and make sure his number is in the system abd see what the arrangements are in San Juan (they vary from port to port.).

Archived