First Cruise - Fantasy 4/17 - 4/21

TonyCruise

Just returned from my family's first cruise. We sailed on Fantasy to the Bahamas. In a word it was OUTSTANDING! :D The service, food, entertainment - all excellent! I posted a more thorough review in the "Reviews" section.

I had to let everyone know just how helpful this board was in planning and enjoying the trip. Never having cruised before, I had no idea what to expect. When we first decided on a cruise I started reading this board every day. To begin with, the information that I got helped me find a great travel agent and get a great deal on the cruise as well as trip insurance.

After that I started writing down all of the tips and tricks that I found on this board. After a few months I had a wealth of information and was ready to go. Well as soon as I boarded the ship I felt like an old pro. Rather than floundering around trying to figure everything out, we were able to jump right in and enjoy ourselves. Not to mention the fact that we didn't forget to pack a single thing - including the door bungee and the shoe holder! ;)

I just want to thank everyone on the board for helping to make this a great vacation and for getting us hooked for life on cruising! The vacation truely would not have gone as well as it did if not for Cruise Critic.

Now to start figuring out when we can afford to take the next cruise! :)

Thanks,

Tony.

booooooooo Red Sox

<--------from st louis. :(

Sorry it had to be your team that the Sox beat to finally win it all, but for us Boston fans this was a looooooong time coming - a historic moment to say the least! Anyway you guys beat us in '67! ;)

Archived