Reboarding ship time in port?

star58

I am trying to schedule excursions for an upcoming cruise on the Mariner and I can"t remember what time you need to be back on board the ship. I seem to remember it was 30 min. before sailing but I saw another thread that said an hour before sailing.

Can a recent cruiser please help me out, 1/2 hr. or 1 hr. prior to sailing?

I recommend an hour before sailing, don't know what the cruise line recommends. I know that if you are coming back aboard with only 30 minutes left you may get dirty looks from the crew (tablemates on last cruise informed me of this). Also, the less time you leave yourself to get back, the more likely you are to be standing on the pier waving to the ship as it leaves you behind.

My 19 yr old daughter and friend have one excursion, a horseback riding one that is only offered from 4-5pm. The ship sails at 6pm and it is a 20 min. drive. I am thinking maybe they should cut it 10 min. short to ensure they get to the ship in plenty of time. Thank you so much for your help.

Star58, you are cutting it very close. You mentioned it is a 20 minute drive-have you considered what a flat tire would mean or a minor accident. You will be waving good-bye to the ship. If all goes well you will make it however you should consider the variables.

Archived