For IAH

palmtre2

Will it be easier to send DH to get the rental car while us girls get the luggage, then he can come back and pick us up at the airport? We are trying to save some time since we are meeting my father in Galveston for dinner and our plane lands at 3pm. I don't really know how far away the rental spot is from the airport, it might just be faster to all get the luggage and jump on the shuttle to the rental facility. Luckiliy we are flying in on Sunday and don't have to worry too much about traffic on 45. Any insight?????

The rental station is only about 1/2 mile from the airport. I would think it would be faster for you to wait for luggage and all go together than for your husband to come back and get you. IAH is a very big airport and depending on which terminal you fly into, it may take some time manuever through the maze :) The rental station usually has you in and out fairly quickly.

On your drive into Galveston you should be fine. Most of the traffic will be coming inbound and you'll be outbound. Of course, if there is construction, you may have a delay. I think you'll make it in plenty time for dinner.

Have fun on your cruise and enjoy Houston!

Archived