What cruises do you suggest?

chach123

Hello! In August of 2011, I went on a cruise out of Baltimore to Grand Turk, Nassau, and Half Moon Cay. This was my first time going on a cruise, and I loved it. Grand Turk and HMC were beautiful. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time to travel on Nassau. My question to everyone, is what cruise destinations do you suggest to others? What do you suggest to skip? I am looking into another cruise, and would be departing anywhere along the east coast.

Recently I've found to avoid Belize and Jamaica...Do you agree? Thanks for your help!

Hello! In August of 2011, I went on a cruise out of Baltimore to Grand Turk, Nassau, and Half Moon Cay. This was my first time going on a cruise, and I loved it. Grand Turk and HMC were beautiful. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time to travel on Nassau. My question to everyone, is what cruise destinations do you suggest to others? What do you suggest to skip? I am looking into another cruise, and would be departing anywhere along the east coast.

Recently I've found to avoid Belize and Jamaica...Do you agree? Thanks for your help!

We will go to Belize this summer so I will reserve judgement till then. I am with you on Jamaica, we are going there, but I will give the wife and daughter a spa trip and I will just enjoy the peace and quiet.

Give a route with Grand Cayman, Roatan and Cozumel a try. Always good things to do there.I have dove in the Bahamas several times and have desire to ever go there again, more so now that Atlantis is there and sucking up every single dollar to found in that area.

Another route is the Southern route with St Thomas,St Maarten and Antigua.

I've never cruised to Jamaica but I've stayed there at all-inclusives twice. It is absoultely beautiful. I can understand that if you just walk off the boat or go to shopping areas you may not enjoy being hounded by the peddlers. But there are plenty of other things to do! If you go to Montego Bay I would highly recommend a day pass at one of the Sandal's resorts. You can enjoy the beach, all you can drink and eat, snorkeling, and all other things that are included when you are a guest. I've never been to Belize so can't comment on that. My top 2 favorite stops so far have been Antigua & St. Lucia.

I personally love to go to new places that I haven't been before. That being said, my husband refuses to take a Western Caribbean cruise because he NEVER wants to go to Mexico. Doesn't matter how many times I explain to him that the dangerous areas are close to the border, he just won't go. :(

Archived