golfing?

sbmoller

I would like to take my nephew (18 year old) golfing while we are in Freeport or Nassau. I have found listings for Cable Beach Golf Club in Nassau and Fortune Hills Golf Club in Freeport. Does anyone have any experience with either of these as far as playing on them or/and accessibility from the port? Thanks!

I would like to take my nephew (18 year old) golfing while we are in Freeport or Nassau. I have found listings for Cable Beach Golf Club in Nassau and Fortune Hills Golf Club in Freeport. Does anyone have any experience with either of these as far as playing on them or/and accessibility from the port? Thanks!

Sorry sb...don't get on this section of the board as often as the others. I can tell you that I have golfed 2 places in the Bahamas...in Nassau I did the Ocean Club on Paradise Island...STUNNING is all I can say...and in Freeport I did The Reef which if I remember correctly is part of the Westin...nice course, fast and challenging...

I would definately choose the Ocean Club over the Reef, although there are many more things to do in Nassau than Freeport so it is a way to spend the day there when in Nassau you have many other options.

Now, I would call these places if you are interested...not sure if they are still open or open to the public, things like this change around me all of the time so I am sure public can become private and vice versa at any moment. I do remember that that Ocean Club was quite expensive, especially once we rented clubs...did not feel like bringing mine and storing them...but the views were just breathtaking...

Suggestions from anyone??

I'm not a golf buff.. but here's what I've been hearing lately in Nassau.

Paradise Island Course is open to Atlantis and One and only guests only. So that's not an option.

Cable Beach is a construction site. I'm told that only 9 holes are open and they are not in good shape. (cable beach is a undergoing a huge transformation with www.bahamar.com).

Freeport may be a better option at this point.

Ok, sorry about that. Just called my dad who golfs everywhere and he said the only other 2 courses he knows about are now closed. That was the Blue Shark and the Ocean South or something like that.

I did call the One and Only and to see if you could pay an upcharge to use the course for the day if they had enough openings but they don't do this anymore. So, he said Cable Beach, which is the only public course on the island that he knows of, or get a room at either the Atlantis or the One and Only for the night and you can then use the course. But, you would need to be an AVID golf fan to do that, I think it is close to $300 a person to play and that is without adding on hundreds for a room...

So, check this out...not too much to choose from over there either...

http://thebahamasguide.com/islands/grandbahama/golf.htm

Thank you for the replies! Looks like Freeport might be the better option. You both provided names of courses that I can look up and give him information on.....much appreciated! Again, thank you!

Shari

I'm not a golf buff.. but here's what I've been hearing lately in Nassau.

Paradise Island Course is open to Atlantis and One and only guests only. So that's not an option.

Cable Beach is a construction site. I'm told that only 9 holes are open and they are not in good shape. (cable beach is a undergoing a huge transformation with www.bahamar.com).

Freeport may be a better option at this point.

WOW Baha Mar looks fabulous...the web site was too slow to get any info...when will it be completed?

Archived