Carnival Circle C 12-14 year olds

cruisinreunion

I posted this on the Carnival site and didn't receive any answers. Has any one recently had their kids use the Circle C activities? What type of activites/excursions did they have going on? We are on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. My 12 year old wants to know if they do anything special for dress up night, because on NCL they did a prom, etc. and she was too young at the time to go, but her sister went and had a great time. Did the counselors stay involved at this age or are they basically on their own? We are leaving in two weeks and she is getting very excited for the kids camp

Thanks in advance:)

I'm pretty sure it's more like a meeting place for whenever the kids want to hang out and occasional activities (and excursions) supervised by a counsellor. I have the Circle C Fun Times I picked up on our Liberty cruise last year, but have no experience with it because my daughter wasn't 12 yet at that time. I do know that the activities can vary from ship to ship, but if you'd like I can email you the Fun Times for Circle C that I do have.

My 13 year old was there in December on the Legend.

They had scheduled activities at times. My son did a lot of dodge ball and other game type things. They did have a few disco's and a decent amount of trivia/brain games which my son loved.

I got an answer yelled back from the living room that any of the scheduled activities the counselors were there. There was also always a counselor in the teen club also. I can't get an exact answer as well.. he is a teenager and doesn't want to talk to mom!

In all truth, Circle C was his favorite camp so far between Disney, RCCL and Carnival and we almost never saw him. That says a lot because he is generally a very anti-social boy! He is home schooled and to be honest, if it was just me him and we could probably go weeks w/o saying anything to each other that doesn't involve food :D

Thanks for your personal experience..we are leaving shortly and I know my son will like the sports they have set up, but he's 14 and I dont know how many other things he'll go to, especially since his 12 year old sister will be in the same group as him . She is looking forward to all the different activities:)

My daughter was in the circle c last year and LOVED it!!!!! they keep you entertained very well during their hours. On the Miracle, they didn't open until noon and stayed open until around 5 or so, then opened again around 7 pm and stayed open until around midnight. They had a lot of activities, and my daughter liked it because she could always relax in the morning, and if she didnt like what activity was planned when it opened, she would just sit at the pool. There was a scavenger hunt around the ship, dance lessons, board games, and on formal night they had a movie and snack night where they dad popcorn, cookies and drinks. They also did a few activities with the older teen group. (15-17) :) (she asked me to add the smiley face, lol!!!) Even if she didn't participate in all the activities, she could always find someone to hang out with, she met quite a few friends there and still keeps in touch with some of them. One thing I found very helpful was joining the roll call here on these boards right as soon as we booked the cruise, gave me a chance to find out who all had kids in what age group. HOpe this info helps!!!

Kathy

• 4 weeks later...

Are the activities the same across the lines? I will be traveling on the Destiny with my 12 yr old granddaughter in July. If someone could post a copy of the CC Fun Times for Destiny that would be great.

Are the activities the same across the lines? I will be traveling on the Destiny with my 12 yr old granddaughter in July. If someone could post a copy of the CC Fun Times for Destiny that would be great.

I'm also looking for a copy of the Destiny 5 night Eastern Circle C Activity Sheet. Sailing next month & DD is finally getting excited:D

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Liberty. Circle C was fairly relaxed. It goes until 1am each night, though we didn't let our 12 year old stay that late most nights. The outside games tend to be scheduled really late at night, though several were cancelled due to the deck being wet or having extreme wind. One night they went the show, another was a movie night, the final night they decorated t-shirts. There was only a small group there as it wasn't during a school break.

Archived