Massages and Other Spa Services

posingcarrot

We are going on the Liberty for my 30th birthday and will have two at sea days. I was thinking about treating myself to a massage or a mani-pedi on one of the days. Has anyone done the spa services and how did you feel about them? Was it worth the money or did you feel like it was a let down?

TIA!

Haven't done them but have heard they are pricey. They also are a hard sell on their products. This is an outside contractor that Carnival allows to operate on board. Do a search on these boards for "spa" and you will find more information.

I did a spa day on my first cruise in 2010. If you're going to do this, I would highly recommend doing it on a port day and not a sea day. They have specials during port days and it'll be a good deal cheaper.

That being said, I do think it's still pretty pricey. I had OBC to use up so it didn't really hit the bottom line to my budget. I got 90 minutes of service for $150. I got a hot stone massage, body brush exfoliation, scalp massage, mini-facial and a foot massage for that $150.

On my mom's first cruise we did a facial together and it was still pretty expensive ($60 each for 30 minutes). But it was fun for my mom.

They certainly do a hard sell though. I think I had to say "no thanks" three times and then walk out of the room.

I won't do any more spa services. I'd rather do the services on land for half the money and have a nice lunch with the other half! If you do it though, enjoy it! :)

We are going on the Liberty for my 30th birthday and will have two at sea days. I was thinking about treating myself to a massage or a mani-pedi on one of the days. Has anyone done the spa services and how did you feel about them? Was it worth the money or did you feel like it was a let down?

TIA!

They are pricey depending on where you live. If you live in NYC and go to a high end spa they are cheaper on the ship.

I think if you really want to get a massage than just do it, they do a wonderful job, so as long as you are comfortable with the price you will enjoy it. The mani-pedi to me was not worth it...

Archived