St. Thomas or St. John wedding??

KALCJ1

I’m no help since my wedding’s in November too, but we’re doing St. Thomas, just because I’d like to have a mini-reception after, and with only 8 hours on the island I didn’t want to waste time going over to St. John by boat. Lindquist is BEAUTIFUL from the pictures I’ve seen, but our wedding planner said it can get a little crowded if you don’t get married before 10am. Hope that helps a little!

I don't have any experience personally with either place, but Island Bliss Weddings has been well recommended on these boards and others I have read too.

Since they do both Islands I would think they would have a good wealth of information and pictures too.

• 4 weeks later...

How long is your ship in port? You might be in a rush with having to go to the court house and then catching a ferry to St. John, which only runs every hour on the hour. You will probably save yourself some time (and stress!) with just getting married on St. Thomas. I got married in St. Thomas in January on Lime Tree Beach and it was beautiful. I've seen pictures of ceremonies on Lindquist and it also looks like a beautiful spot. I second using Island Bliss Weddings. Janelle is fantastic, and if her husband Stu is available, I highly recommend him to perform the ceremony. My guests still rave about him.

I got married April 2nd 2012 on Lime Tree Beach and it was beautiful, I used Janelle and through out the whole process she was very helpful and always answer emails on a timely basis. I didn't have Stu as a minister but he is very nice he drove me and my husband to the ceremony site. The Minister I had Catherine is a doll. I also had one of Janelle's associates Kimberly what a fantastic lady she was a pleasure, it was like I knew her for years what a doll. You can't go wrong with Island Bliss Weddings. Also, had a videographer Mike from High Definition video great guy to work with. Make up was done by Sugar & Spice nice spot they have in Yacht Haven. Trip to the court house took no more than 15 minutes

My photographer words can't describe how wonder this guy is - it was like my husband and I knew him for years, he made us feel so comfortable and so warm, Love you EJ - Pictures came out fantastic we booked him for two hours and it was worth every penny! - My Photographer was Eric "EJ" Paradise Pictures - What a fantastic guy!

All in all my wedding was what I wanted it to be just me and my husband - we had a great time in St. Thomas

We arrived by Carnival Victory - Wedding was 9:30am at Limetree Beach

Forgot to mention I had silk flower done by Something Spectacular - work with Kim what a beautiful person and my bouquet was fabulous!

When I returned home after the cruise the marriage license was in the mail - fast work by the courts and Island Bliss! :)

We are going to be using St thomas for the easiness factor! I have emailed janelle at island bliss as i have heard so many wonderful things about them.

One question though.. my fiance is funny about not wanting to see me the day of the wedding, i told him i wont have my dress on but he wants to know if there is a way around it... haha i said maybe he could be blind folded!! Any suggestions from the now married ladies?

I asked Janelle about that when we considering our options. She said it was totally possible to meet and transport us separately to the courthouse and not see each other until the ceremony. Talk to her about your schedule options, she is so awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
Please help us decide....Lindquist or Hawksnest?? Anyone have pictures?? Would love to hear about your experiences as well. We are cruising on RCCL in Nov. Thanks in advance!!

Definitely Lindquist. I thought about Hawksnest but it would have been too rushed and we would have spent more time travelling than enjoying our wedding day! Lindquist was an easy alternative as it has the same look but hardly any travel from the cruise terminal.

I'm about to go picture crazy here..... but I had such a hard time finding good pictures of the beach & our reception venue that I vowed to share mine!!!

Panoramic:

lindquist.jpg

Close up of the arch, provided by Island Bliss Weddings

lindquist2.jpg

It doesn't get much better than this!

lindquist3.jpg

lindquist4.jpg

Great spots for greenery photos as well:

lindquist5.jpg

Edited by goodtoglow

Beautiful Pretty Klip Point at Sapphire Beach is nearby for additional photos, or another ideal ceremony spot:

sapphire2.jpg

sapphire3.jpg

sapphire.jpg

(Sorry for the terrible photo quality, I saved the photos off of my Facebook so the quality is terrible)

I asked Janelle about that when we considering our options. She said it was totally possible to meet and transport us separately to the courthouse and not see each other until the ceremony. Talk to her about your schedule options, she is so awesome!

That is what we did! Colin left the ship at 945, and Stu picked me up at 10. Colin went to the courthouse first, and I stayed in the SUV at the beach until it was go-time!

Definitely Lindquist. I thought about Hawksnest but it would have been too rushed and we would have spent more time travelling than enjoying our wedding day! Lindquist was an easy alternative as it has the same look but hardly any travel from the cruise terminal.

I'm about to go picture crazy here..... but I had such a hard time finding good pictures of the beach & our reception venue that I vowed to share mine!!!

Panoramic:

lindquist.jpg

Close up of the arch, provided by Island Bliss Weddings

lindquist2.jpg

It doesn't get much better than this!

lindquist3.jpg

lindquist4.jpg

Great spots for greenery photos as well:

lindquist5.jpg

Beautiful Pictures!!!

My wife and I got married in St. Thomas in June of 1989. We were on my parent's 40th anniversary cruise, so all of the family was there.

I set it up ahead with one of the agencies on the island. It was a great experience and we had no problems at all. I think St. Johns is beautiful, but with the ferry ride, etc. I would stay on St. Thomas.

We were married at Blackbeard's Castle overlooking the harbor. It was beautiful!

We loved being together the whole day. Maybe it wasn't traditional, but I would never have wanted to spend the morning without her . . . We woke very early (nerves I guess!) and went out to the main deck and saw my parents - I guess they were nervous too! We all watched the sun come up. We got ready together and we met our wedding rep at the pier to go do all the paperwork. We had a blast and it was so special being together. We met the group at Blackbeard's and had our ceremony, pictures, etc. We went back to the ship and changed and were on the beach by 1:00 pm! We celebrated that night at dinner with the family.

Good luck, be mellow and have FUN!

STUNNING PHOTOS!!!!! Im getting married in thr exact same location and also going through janelle :) you were on oasis of the seas right? I have a silly question ...

if royal carribean finds out im getting married but not going through them them they cant stop the wedding or anything right? Im just about to pay the deposit with janelle but wanted to double check first :)

if royal carribean finds out im getting married but not going through them them they cant stop the wedding or anything right? Im just about to pay the deposit with janelle but wanted to double check first :)

Um, no they won't and can't stop your wedding. When you're in port, you're free do to as you please (legally of course) as long as you're back by boarding time. The only very rare possibility you would have to consider is if your ship can't dock in St. Thomas or is late for whatever reason (weather, etc). That would be the only way RC would be able to hinder your wedding.

• 3 years later...

Was married on same beach nov 2012 :-) just me the mrs & her folks, we were on the eclipse, we didnt say anything about us getting hitched to the staff but spoke too a few people leading up to the day, we couldnt dock in the morning and had to get the life boats into shore luckily someone mentioned to the customerservices that we were getting married on st thomas and they arranged for us to get on the 1st boat out, they were totally brilliant with us, they put us on fhe captains table the following night, wonderful time had by all, lindquist beach was gorgeous and janelle arranged everything via email, couldnt ask for nicer people to share our day, we are heading back on the equinox in january, maybe see alittle more of the island this time, plus I I'll not have the kilt on lol was rather warm with it lol hope all goes well, grant & alison

Congrats! I was married on St. Thomas April 2014, with the help of Janelle, Stu and Island Bliss. They are fantastic to work with. Had a few hiccups like my custom cake not making it to my wedding. Janelle gave me a few options and ran to the store; made the grocery store cake work without any guests even knowing.

If you want, you can check out my review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2033447 its of the whole cruise but there's posts and pictures of the wedding in there.

Enjoy all the ups and downs of wedding planning (there will be both!) the day is so very much worth it when it arrives!!

Edited by Bo59rt
major run on sentence :)