AP to DZ Ruins

I have a few questions about the AutoProgreso tour to Dzib ruins. First, do they run more than one tour there each day? Second, what time does it usually leave? Third, how long does it take?

I am going to e-mail AP as well, just thought I might get an answer faster here!

Thanks!

Seems like we always left around 10 AM for the tour and returned around 1:30. They have always given us the opton of being dropped off at the plaza or going straight back to the ship. I don't know about more than one tour a day. We have had great experiences with AP.

Thanks Malden - they did respond back quicker than I expected - for anyone else interested they now leave at 11:00 and return at 2:00 - just one tour per day. I wish they were leaving at 10 so we could have a little time at the beach when we came back!

Thanks Malden - they did respond back quicker than I expected - for anyone else interested they now leave at 11:00 and return at 2:00 - just one tour per day. I wish they were leaving at 10 so we could have a little time at the beach when we came back!

You will have time to visit the beach before you leave-that's what we usually do. However, if you go to the beach you will be hounded by vendors the entire time you are there. That is my only complaint about Progreso.

You will have time to visit the beach before you leave-that's what we usually do. However, if you go to the beach you will be hounded by vendors the entire time you are there. That is my only complaint about Progreso.

Thank you again. It is nice to get advice from someone who has done the same things we are thinking about doing. Any suggestions for a quick lunch or snack before we go on the tour? Do they have food vendors at the market?

Thank you again. It is nice to get advice from someone who has done the same things we are thinking about doing. Any suggestions for a quick lunch or snack before we go on the tour? Do they have food vendors at the market?

I'm not sure about the food vendors-we always eat a huge breakfast then take a box of cereal or crackers we've brought with us, along with some bottled water, and eat that while we are on our tour. Truthfully, it's usually been so hot when we are there that water has been our main concern. I do think that the visitor center at Dzib sells water, soft drinks and snacks for a very reasonable price. There is a museum there but it has been closed the last few times we've been there so I"m not sure of the status of it. We love going to Dzib-it doesn't take up your entire day and you get to see some pretty neat ruins. If you havent' booked your AP tour, you can just do it when you get off the ship. AP reps are usually standing just outside the Progreso cruise terminal as you get on the busses to take you into town-in fact the free shuttle busses are owned and run by AP.

Archived