Weather in Nov./Hawaii/Star

grammy c

Considering the Star for 15 days in Nov. and have read some reviews, but would like fresh opinions for the Nov5-20/12 timing. We're avid princess cruisers, so are happy with the ship, only other concern is whats the soonest you can make the airport for departure in San Francisco. Never traveled from this port, but our choices are 11:30 and 12:55. Major diferences in money in the two. Is 11;30 too crazy to do? I would not do it in Fl. but don't know about Ca. Anybody? Thanks Diane

I advise the later flight. There are have been some nightmare stories about delayed disembarkation in SF recently. Even without nightmare stories, I won't book a flight earlier than noon on disembarkation day. That is just my policy. As an avid cruiser, you are surely aware of everything that can go wrong: delayed disembarkation, delays in customs, delayed transportation to the airport, traffic on the freeway, lengthy security and check in lines at the airport, etc.

I advise the later flight. There are have been some nightmare stories about delayed disembarkation in SF recently. Even without nightmare stories, I won't book a flight earlier than noon on disembarkation day. That is just my policy. As an avid cruiser, you are surely aware of everything that can go wrong: delayed disembarkation, delays in customs, delayed transportation to the airport, traffic on the freeway, lengthy security and check in lines at the airport, etc.

Yes, you're right, and thanks for the what were you thinking call! Suppose I was looking for a different answer. Distraught today, as yesterday air fare was litterally half the price AND the right timing, 1:55. Waited too long and of coarse it's ALL gone now. Such Is Life. Will still keep looking, gotta CRUISE! Thanks

Archived