What Karaoke Song Did You Sing?

Cheeky

This time, we want to make sure not to miss the Karaoke sessions. They're way too short for my liking, but at least there are a few of them. We will try extra hard to get there on time, so we can enjoy the whole thing.

In the mean time, we were wondering what karaoke songs were available. (We'll be practicing in the shower, of course ;) ) ...

I laughed so hard last time. My husband chose to talk to me instead of clap. He got busted and they made him come up to sing a song they chose. He sang "You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me Lucille" by Kenny Rogers. He didn't know ONE word (country/western isn't his thing). Some guy from the audience came up to give him a hand! Too funny.

I sang: These Boots Were Made For Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra

So what karaoke song did you sing?

I usually start out as a spectator but end up on stage. My favorite karaoke song to sing is Copacabana! If you haven't got the talent, sing something that everyone will join in on and then nobody can hear you, they all have a good time, and they think you're great!! It's worked for me a few times...

Ask Lauri32 to sing for you... she has one of the best voices I have ever heard... INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! Between her and Randy, we'll have quite the talent on the S&S!!!!

Haven't done it on a ship yet, but we generally get about 20 people together and sing Love Shack... it's always way fun and everyone drowns one another out ;) I have done karaoke solo before, somehow after many drinks, people think they sound like Aretha... I am one of those, LOL!

Ask Lauri32 to sing for you... she has one of the best voices I have ever heard... INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! Between her and Randy, we'll have quite the talent on the S&S!!!!

I might actually get up and sing with you guys on S&S too. I really do sing in our choir at church.....I think I have a decent voice. Like to sing in a group though.:)

I sang Losing My Religion by R.E.M. on a Royal Carrib. cruise about 4 yrs. ago. I was nervous and had a little too much liquid motivation but thought I was great. My sister who was with me just told me recently that I am like our 5 brothers who think they can sing (and cannot). I said wait til this cruise when I really show you with "Wildlife" by the Talking Heads. She laughs, so do I, but come on , it's karaoke. I leave Saturday, cannot wait

LOL Wildlife... My sis used to do that all the time, after enough liquid courage, she would always get up and sing... bless her poor heart, honestly... dogs would gather around the door at the bar to howl... it was so so sad. She would finish and run over to us and ask how she did, I finally videotaped it one night... poor girl never sang karaoke again :p

Have fun on your cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First cruise: Singin' In The Rain

Second cruise: YMVA (as part of the lounge lizard tour, so it was a group thing), You Lost That Lovin' Feeling (and I was losing my voice), Men In Black (in a tux, no less)

Come to think of it, I've also done "Under The Boardwalk" ...

The only thing that spoils it (IMO) is when it's the SAME people over and over. But that's probably because nobody else has put their name in. It gets old, after a while. Especially if you've only got an hour. They should hand out a few free drinks at the beginning, to get everyone "in the mood"! :D

Down at the Twist and Shout - Mary Chapain Carpenter

I Feel Lucky - same

Can You Feel the Love Tonight - Elton John

One More Day - Diamond Rio

My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

Girls Lie Too - Terri Clark

Something To Talk About - Bonnie Raitt

Add to that a little Roberta Flack and a little Gloria Gaynor and your just about have all the bases covered.

PS: I carry my own CD's because the ship's selection can vary greatly from ship to ship. And those songs which are sung alot can be worn out and they are slow to replace them.

Aww:o Thanks Chris, you're so sweet.

Given the new PC guidelines, I cannot even post the abbreviation of the song title. :rolleyes:

lol, good one Tef.

On our Jan cruise on the Conquest, DBF & I sang Proud Mary (Ike & Tina Turner style) and everyone loved it. He is fond of The Temptations, The O'Jays, The Four Tops & 80s Rock. Everyone loves "My Girl," so he'll sing that almost anywhere we go cuz that's his song to me. Awwww. :D

I like singing anything by Madonna (I know, I know, but I just love her!!!) and some 70s disco stuff by Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, Abba, etc. On the cruise I sang a Patty Loveless song & ppl were in awe for some reason. I guess most had never seen a blk chick sing a country song (Blame It On Your Heart). :eek: Nonetheless, I got a standing ovation. It was good, but not that good! :o

Looking forward to getting the gals to sing with me on the Valor cruise in Oct. Heck, I am just looking forward to getting on the ship in Oct. UGH!!

Happy sailing,

T.

On the cruise I sang a Patty Loveless song & ppl were in awe for some reason. I guess most had never seen a blk chick sing a country song (Blame It On Your Heart). :eek: Nonetheless, I got a standing ovation. It was good, but not that good! :o

I'll bet you were better than you give yourself credit for. When we were in Atlanta a few weekends ago. We went to a Karaoke bar and there we a couple of black ladies singing a country song. Personally, I'm not a country music fan, but I thought the ladies did a good job. I got up to sing right after them and sang Anita Baker and I received a standing ovation.

PS: I carry my own CD's because the ship's selection can vary greatly from ship to ship. And those songs which are sung alot can be worn out and they are slow to replace them.

I was wondering if we were allowed to do that! My husband desperately wants to sing "Word Up" (don't ask :o ), he's even got a group of volunteer backup singers ready for it.

Talk about practicing in the shower. Like clockwork, every morning at 7:30am, I hear "Down pretty ladies around the world" coming from the bathroom! LOL

We couldn't remember if they had it or not. He suggested bringing a CD, but I didn't think Carnival would be amused by the idea.

I was wondering if we were allowed to do that! My husband desperately wants to sing "Word Up" (don't ask :o ), he's even got a group of volunteer backup singers ready for it.

Talk about practicing in the shower. Like clockwork, every morning at 7:30am, I hear "Down pretty ladies around the world" coming from the bathroom! LOL

We couldn't remember if they had it or not. He suggested bringing a CD, but I didn't think Carnival would be amused by the idea.

Yes, we bring our's as well..... It's very nice to have the versions of the songs you're used to singing or remember :)

I would love to sing, but I am tone deaf, well not really, maybe I am, I just know my husband always asks me not to sing if the radio is on. I have never been to any Karaoke before, are you suppose to be good?? or can you just go up to have fun, do they give you the words???

Archived