Rouen, France

Mparis184

Does anyone know how far it is from the port to the train station in Rouen. Is it a quick walk or will it take longer. It appears that Amazara will not have a shuttle service for guests in Rouen and we will be in a hurry to catch a train. Any idea how much a cab will be from the port to the train station?

Thanks

Marion

I had asked on the Trip Advisor forum where the docks are in Rouen since we need to get there for the start of our cruise as well. If you do a google maps of Rouen, head west up the river from the train station, you will see the road over the river (N1338). Once over the bridge, you will see the Quai to the west. It looks to only be about a 5 min car ride.

Does anyone know how far it is from the port to the train station in Rouen. Is it a quick walk or will it take longer. It appears that Amazara will not have a shuttle service for guests in Rouen and we will be in a hurry to catch a train. Any idea how much a cab will be from the port to the train station?

Thanks

Marion

Hi Marion,

We will be on this cruise as well. How did you find out that Azamara

doesn't offer shuttle service from the port? Is there a sight I can

check for the different ports or did you call Azamara?

Thanks

Peggy

I am on the Azamara Journey and arrive Rouen on May 26th. I contacted Azamara and they are providing a shuttle into the town center. The shuttle operates from 9:am to 5:00pm, every 30 minutes. Last departure from town is at 4:30pm back to the ship.

The port address is 34 Boulevard de Boisguilbert, BP 4075, Rouen, Cedex 3, 76022 (not sure what all that means as an address), type this into Google Earth and you'll see exactly where the ship will dock. Town is quite a walk from the port/dock.

In London the ship will moor off the Greenwich pier. Right next to the Cutty Sark. Here there will be no need for a shuttle as there is a train station (Cutty Sark Station) 200 meters from the pier where the tenders let you off. You can find this also on Google Earth. We are going to take one of the shuttle boats (Thames Clipper Ship) from the pier into London proper. You can purchase your Clipper ship tickets on line in advance (we did) and purchase public transport tickets for the buses, underground etc. also on line but they mail you those tickets (we already received ours).

Hope this helps,

Capt. Ron

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the info Capt. Ron.

We will be on this Azamara Journey May 17, 2012. I tried to book the Paris/ Eiffel Tower excursion, but it's no longer available. I'm glad that the transportation is provided from port to town center. Then take the train to Paris to explore Paris on my own.

Thanks again

Jenny

Archived