Just came back from Freedom

ytrap2007

Hello fellow cruise enthusiasts,

I just came back from Freedom of the Sea and had a fabulous time with my family. I wrote a review on this site. We loved every minute on that ship and wish I could go back next week. I do have a major concern that I feel is necessary to share with you.

I traveled with my parents and my husband. One of our ports of call was Nassau. We booked an excursion with http://www.dolphinencounters.com/island-all.php through Carnival. We were looking forward to spending the day at Blue Lagoon. My family and I left 30 minutes early to be sure to get to the end of the pier to meet with our group. It should be noted that this excursion was considered an “easy activity.” We got off the ship and the representatives were there from Dolphin Encounters. We had to walk the pier at a brisk pace to keep up with the representative. (Mind you, there is a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the end of the pier, but this was not an option for us cruisers. The representative said, “Do not lose me!”) My family could not keep up with the representative and we lost our group. We did not get to go to Blue Lagoon. Carnival was so professional and gave us a full refund.

Cruisers consist of many diverse types of folks with different physical abilities, health issues, and ages. Not everyone can walk a long pier in the heat at a brisk pace. It is unfortunate that this happened. I wanted to share this with you so that it may help you to avoid this situation. It is a sad state of affairs when you miss out on a fun excursion.

Archived