Last Minute shopping in Downtown Seattle

MikeR

I will be Cruising out of Seattle and will be staying 1 night pre cruise at the Marriott Renaissance.

Is there somewhere close by where I would be able to purchase last minute items.

The ideal situation would be a chain grocery/liquor store.

MikeR

I am curious about your choice of hotel. We are also flying in a day early and don't know one hotel from the other. Did you book directly, online, some other way? How do you know if it is a good location and you paid a fair price. Would you recommend it? Are you taking a taxi in from the airport and to the pier? Thanks,

There's a famous market on many floors near the pier. I don't know the name but everyone in Seattle will. It's very easy to find, lots of fun & a must see before you get underway.

The name of the market is the Pike Place market - just up the hill from Bell St Terminal 66 - a great place to spend hours looking through all the various nooks and crannies and boutique shops etc.

Although the Pike Place Market it a great place to browse, it won't have much in the way of "last minute items" for a cruise (unless you are planning on bringing fish and produce).

There are 2 piers in Seattle for cruise ships. Holland Am. and Princess use a pier, that is located southwest of Safeco (Mariners) Field. The other lines leave from the original pier. If you are traveling HAL or Princess there is no really convenient hotel. If you would like to watch your ship sail into town, the Edgewater is the perfect viewing place, as well as The Inn At The Market. These are both upscale hotels. If you are interested in the area around the Seattle Center, there is a Best Western, at a lesser price. Take a look at Travelosity or Expedia. They show the facilities, and have maps.---We use the SHUTTLE EXPRESS.com, when going to the airport. Last year I checked for a friend, and they charged $24.00 from the airport to the Seattle Center.

Archived