Questions regarding New NCL Kids Program

ToddlerMom

Does anyone know if NCL will continue charging for the kids club on port days?

Also does anyone think there's a risk that NCL will institute a "no tolerance" policy towards potty accidents like RCCL with their new program?

I don't know, sorry.

But I'm curious about the current tolerance for potty accidents....

On the Jewel (RCI) they had a 2 strike rule...one accident was an accident, second accident was not potty trained. I wouldn't call that zero tolerance...

Also does anyone think there's a risk that NCL will institute a "no tolerance" policy towards potty accidents like RCCL with their new program?

I do not think so. This is from the new NCL FAQ page on the family section.

"

What if my child is in diapers?

Although our new age groups begin at three years old, at this time we will still allow two years olds into our program. However, if your child is in diapers, Norwegian Youth Staff are not able to change diapers or pull-ups; therefore we give you a beeper or handy phone to alert you to do the duty. Beepers and handy phones do not work ashore, so at least one parent will have to stay on board when their children are in our Youth Program.

There seems to be some confusion with this one... on NCL's FAQ page it mentions that the port play is free. However, in the next paragraph it says that it's $6 per child / per hour... but, I think that might just be during meal times.

I do not think so. This is from the new NCL FAQ page on the family section.

"

What if my child is in diapers?

Although our new age groups begin at three years old, at this time we will still allow two years olds into our program. However, if your child is in diapers, Norwegian Youth Staff are not able to change diapers or pull-ups; therefore we give you a beeper or handy phone to alert you to do the duty. Beepers and handy phones do not work ashore, so at least one parent will have to stay on board when their children are in our Youth Program.

I don't think this is a change from their current policy. DS2 was 3 on our first cruise (Jan, 2011) and although he was potty trained, he needed help wiping after a bowel movement. We were given a beeper unless we were sure this situation wouldn't arise;). Heck we were still battling the whole potty training thing when DS1 was 3 yrs, so I'm guessing they will still keep issuing the beepers for the little ones, unless they formally state otherwise.

I don't know, sorry.

But I'm curious about the current tolerance for potty accidents....

On the Jewel (RCI) they had a 2 strike rule...one accident was an accident, second accident was not potty trained. I wouldn't call that zero tolerance...

It's not "zero tolerance" but I wouldn't agree that 2 accidents means that a child isn't potty trained. DD is only 2 and we're at the beginning of the potty learning process but my friends tell me that accidents are common for a few years.

The idea that a child could get kicked out of the kids club because of 2 accidents makes me really nervous.

If you're worried, put a pull up over your child's underpants, and be sure to get a pager in case she needs help in the bathroom. It'll be fine!

Edited to add: By the way, when do you plan to sail NCL? It appears that they will stop accepting 2 year olds into the kids' drop off program at the end of 2012. (Of course all things subject to change, but this seems to be the current plan.)

Archived