Review (with pics) Enchantment 3/31- 4/7

Great start.....now the Captain was Gus for us last time but the cruise director was the lady....can't think of her name but she is Austrailian.....so I wonder if she is on vacation....What did you think about Gus....I thought he was ok...we had another Captain before who was so so funny...ahhh....oh so my question...last time I asked for the mini bar to be cleared out they said they could not...because everyday someone comes around to see what you have drank then charges you...your thoughts...

They left the mini-bar contents in the room visible so it could be checked daily to verify we did not use anything. We saw the "checker" twice during the week - so they do exist. He seemed to be aware that the mini-bar had been moved to the shelf.

I think the other CD is Carly B (or something like that). The two Blairs seem to be the "permanents" with others as vacation relief. We lined Captain Gus (his mid-day thought of the day was interesting). We thought Captain Anders was more into the guest interaction.

Is it worth the cost to do this....for a family of 3 isn't it like 500.00?? Just wondering ..would you do it again?

The swim is 199 per person. So it was 600 for the three of us. It was worth it to us - DD and I had done it once before and she wanted to do it again. I think the time spent in the water with the dolphins as opposed to the encounter is a better value. However, this is not an inexpensive excursion (neither is Atlantis Aquaventure)

I'm thinking about upgrading to a GS on my upcoming cruise. Can you tell me if the suite has a separate bedroom (apart from the living room area)? Just wondering about privacy issues: DH, DS, and me.

Thanks so much:)

It is one room with a curtain that can be pulled completely across the bedroom area at the end of the bed. You can see it in this right hand side of this picture.

2882680710103236660S425x425Q85.jpg

They left the mini-bar contents in the room visible so it could be checked daily to verify we did not use anything. We saw the "checker" twice during the week - so they do exist. He seemed to be aware that the mini-bar had been moved to the shelf.

I think the other CD is Carly B (or something like that). The two Blairs seem to be the "permanents" with others as vacation relief. We lined Captain Gus (his mid-day thought of the day was interesting). We thought Captain Anders was more into the guest interaction.

Ok, so they had you keep the stuff in your room...I was hoping they would just take it out...

Yes Carly is her name...I like her. Who are the blairs? The captain I like would say hello ladies .................and gentleman.....he was funny.

Ok, so they had you keep the stuff in your room...I was hoping they would just take it out...

Yes Carly is her name...I like her. Who are the blairs? The captain I like would say hello ladies .................and gentleman.....he was funny.

That's Captain Rob Hempstead who is now on the Freedom. We sailed with him on Grandeur as well as Enchantment. John (Cruise Director) & Katrina (Activities Director) Blair are a husband & wife team that prefer smaller ships.

Greg

Do you know if you can bring your own case of water on the ship? On another cruise line we sent it with our cabin #and we had no problems doing that. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is very helpful. We will be going on the May 3rd cruise to Bermuda,and New England. :)

Do you know if you can bring your own case of water on the ship? On another cruise line we sent it with our cabin #and we had no problems doing that. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is very helpful. We will be going on the May 3rd cruise to Bermuda,and New England. :)

I don't know - I suspect you could but I thought I read somewhere you could not just slap on a luggage tag but don't remember where I saw that.

I am still planning to finish the last 2 days but this past weekend was too busy.

love to see all the pictures! We are going on a long-awaited, and almost didn't happen. cruise for our 20th anniversary on the Enchantment in August. It's great to see what you enjoyed, and just to daydream! - thx Julie

• 2 months later...
I am going to try and put together a detailed review (with pictures) of our Enchantment of the Seas cruise that ended yesterday (31 March – 7 April 2012). This may take awhile because I go back to work tomorrow. I need to scan a couple of the ship’s pictures I purchased. Please feel free to ask any questions.

The cruise could be summarized as: Overall a very nice cruise with a few bumps in the road.

The Enchantment may not be the newest or the largest but I really enjoy the ship. Her stretched pool deck is unique (giving the feel of extra room on sea days). She has some wear here and there but nothing major. With a few exceptions the staff was top-notch. The Captain was Gus Andersson; Cruise Director was John Blair; Activities Director was Katrina Blair; Concierge Renyo Varkevisser; Loyalty Manager Teodora Marshall; Hotel Director Mark Rook.

It was spring break week (I am tied to the school schedule for vacations). There were over 900 kids onboard which included 2 High School Bands that accounted for approx. 250 of the kids. Overall the kids were well behaved – some incidents of pushing all of the elevator buttons but not too bad. The food is subjective to each person but I felt it was typical RCCL.

Ports: Baltimore (embarkation); Port Canaveral; Nassau Bahamas; Coco Cay Bahamas. DD and I had been to all of these before. She did not remember much about Coco Cay from 2006. This cruise was booked while on board last July when my BFF and I cruised to New England/Canada on the Enchantment.

Room: Grand Suite 8032. The same room we had in 2010. Our room steward was from the Philippines. I cannot begin to spell his name correctly. He did an excellent job. He worked around our schedule – DD and BFF like to sleep in on sea days so often our room was one of the last he serviced. He was very friendly in the halls and always asked if we needed anything. He was very proactive in reporting maintenance issues (like a burnt out light bulb and the loose door handle) before I could mention it. He provided ice and emptied the mni-bar fridge so I could load the water I had prepurchased. I have a series of room photos from both cruises (click on the one photo to display):

2231617160103236660JUIMUl_th.jpg

About Us: We were a party of 3

Myself (Barbara): Mid 40’s; divorced mother of one. This was my 12 cruise; 8th on RCCL; 2 Disney; 2 Carnival. I admit that I love to cruise. I spend more time on CruiseCritic than Facebook – I was responsible for most of the research/planning.

DD: 16; sophomore in High School; her 11th cruise (she missed New England/Canada last summer while she was away at camp)

BFF: 40’s; single. We have known each other for more than 20 years; his 4th cruise; all on RCCL;

Please note that most days will require multiple posts due to pictures

I'm not sure if you will see this post since it's been awhile since you posted your review. But, we are going to be in cabin 8032 as well on our cruise in August! I wanted to ask you if you knew if the divider on the balcony opens up? We have family staying in the cabin next door and thought it would be nice to have a bigger balcony! Also, did you notice any noise from the deck above? I think the Windjammer and pool deck is above? Is there a seperate area in the theater for suite guests? Anything else helpful about the room would be great, thanks!

Archived