question for recent miracle passengers--wet and wild

rkmom

We just booked cave tubing with wet and wild for July. the confirmation letter said it departs 7:30 local time, and the tour lasts 5 hours, so I guess if all goes well, we would get back to the dock about 12:30 local time. When does the last tender leave (local time?) I'm just wanting to make sure we have plenty of time.

Have any recent (esp. since Daylight savings began) people from the Miracle gone with wet n wild? How did it go?

I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

thanks for any info!

Kim

Iwill be on the Miracle next week and booked through Wet N Wild- I had the same question. Here is the reply from Wet-N-Wild:

"We will be back at 1:30pm local time which is 3:30pm. eastern time, am here to answer all your questions.......................Marvin"

Hope that helps.;)

I will post after my trip and let you know the accuracy of the above statement.

:) OK... heres how it works now that daylight savings time has kicked in. Belize does NOT honor daylight savings time--and they are on Central Time. If you ship left from a port that was on Central time---then when you arrive the local time in Belize will be one hour earlier.

In other words, my ship is scheduled to be in Belize from 8 am till 6 pm --ship time (Central since my port was Galveston) In Belize (local time) that is 7 am to 5 pm since they dont do daylight savings time.

This is really important to know as you don't want to miss catching your ship! I had to change my excursion to Ambergris Caye because of the time difference.

Thanks,

kjsnbrd--I will look forward to hearing your report. Did your tour confirmation state that the tour leaves at 7:30 local time? If so, then 1:30 would make it 6 hours. And if the Miracle leaves at 4:00, last tender would be at 3:30 (1:30 local time) I don't know why this is so complicated--I do understand that it is 2 hours behind our ship time, but it sure seems like some of them cut it awfully close!

Kim

We were on the Miracle at the beginning of the month and actually booked our cave tubing tour through Wet N' Wild. First let me say Don't worry!!! I was a little concerned (okay so actually I was stressed) about getting back to the ship on time too. Miracle departs from Tampa so you will be 2 hours ahead of belize time. You will arrive around 7:30 ship time and leave at approx 4pm ship time, the last tender for the ship leaves at 2pm local time. So you are in belize from 5:30 - 2 pm local belize time. Our confirmation said to meet at the pier at 7:50 local time (if the tour lasts 5 hours) then we wouldn't have been back to the pier until after 2 pm. The seas were a bit choppy so we actually didn't get on the tender until 9am ship time. Keep in mind that the ships excursions get priority when it comes to getting off the ship. But we got to the pier at like 9:30 ship time (7:30 local time) and talked to Marvin ( who was waiting for us at the pier) about making sure we got back to the ship on time. He reassured us that we would not miss the ship, He promised!!! My boyfriend and I actually were the only ones on the tour so we got a very personal tour. Our tour guides Carlos and Charlie knew what time we had to be back to the pier (they are VERY familiar with the ships coming in and out of Belize) and promised to have us back in time. We had a very relaxing time and it was the BEST tour I could possibly imagine, much much much better than going through the cruise- not only was it half the price but we got the chance to do one more cave and got more personal attention than the cruise group did. We even had time to eat lunch (probably the best food I've ever had) at the hut at the caves and leisurely made our way back to the pier in plenty of time to make it back to the ship. Belize is absolutely AMAZING and Wet N' wild was just as wonderful! It seems like they cut it close in writing but in actuality it is plenty of time. Have FUN!!! Tell Carlos and Charlie that Kim and Kevin said hello! :)

P.S. Belize is considered a third world country and the cruise lines won't leave you in a third world country, mexico and the carribean are different and they will leave you if they have to but no cruise line will leave you in a third world country. One of the guides (not with wet n wild) was explaining this to us while on the tender to the pier so if that gives you any piece of mind.

cruisekim, thanks for the info. You have set my mind at ease. We are sailing on the Miracle in June and are booked with wet-n-wild. I have been worried, but feel better now! Connie

To those of you who booked with Wet N Wild... How long did it take for you to get a letter of confirmation that you were actually booked? Or didn't you need one? You see, I'm getting a little nervous. We're sailing the 3rd week in June and I booked with them back in February. They charged my credit card for the deposit on our party of 8, but I never received a letter of confirmation. Since then, we've added one more to our party and I filled out the necessary stuff on thier web page over a month ago but still have heard nothing...even after sending multiple emails and requests. How easy was it for all of you? I guess I could back off and wait a while longer. Does anyone know any other way of communicating with this company since I'm having next to no luck with email. I did try calling the numbers on the web page but they both say the numbers have been disconected. We've really been looking forward to cave tubing and I'm wondering if I should just try booking with another company. :(

I will be on the Miracle the week after you, I booked with wet-n'wild and they emailed me a confirmation right away. I have also emailed Marvin several questions (concerning time) and he alway gets back to me within 24 hours. I email him at cavetubing@yahoo.com hope that helps!

Archived