Advice on the Best Western Marina Inn in Fort Lauderdale

sblahars

We will be staying one night before we sail at the Best Western that supposedly right on Port Everglades. I would appreciate any feedback for anyone who has stayed there? I see that there are water taxis to get to places for dinner, are they easy to use?

And can you really see the port from the hotel?

Thanks

The concensus on this board about your hotel is that you would do just as well sleeping in your car. In fact it might be cleaner.

I have not stayed there, but I have been on the property many times as there is a little park at the foot of the driveway under the drawbridge where you can watch the waterway traffic and see some of the ships in port. Forty years ago this was probably a nice place. Don't know your dates, but I would make an effort to book something else. The Marriott Marina just across the intracoastal can often be had on Priceline for around $80. There is no comparison between the 2.

I think there has been mention within the past month or so, about the water taxi only going to the Best Western if it is hailed, whereas the Marriott is a regular stop. Go back a ways to find this thread. The Water Taxi is a lot of fun, but it's not quick.

With all that said, it's only one night, but I would certainly make an effort to do better.

Archived