New Cruises

laurmac

I am hoping that someone can help me understand the process that NCL uses to “release” new cruises.

We have seen some cruises that appeal to us, that we feel might have been more affordable had we booked them when they were first available.

How do you seasoned cruisers find out about “new” cruises? Is there a certain time(s) of the year that NCL posts them? How far in advance are they usually released?

Is there any easy way of seeing what a particular ship will be doing for the next few years?

We have done several cruises and are particularly fond of repositioning cruises. Is there any easy way to search for repositioning cruises on the NCL website?

TIA for your help.

I am hoping that someone can help me understand the process that NCL uses to “release” new cruises.

We have seen some cruises that appeal to us, that we feel might have been more affordable had we booked them when they were first available.

How do you seasoned cruisers find out about “new” cruises? Is there a certain time(s) of the year that NCL posts them? How far in advance are they usually released?

Is there any easy way of seeing what a particular ship will be doing for the next few years?

We have done several cruises and are particularly fond of repositioning cruises. Is there any easy way to search for repositioning cruises on the NCL website?

TIA for your help.

I would suggest checking cruises on the NCL website and picking "14 days or longer" cruises from the drop down list. Most repo cruises are 14 days or longer. When I just did that, several repo cruises came up. I am going on my first repo cruise next year. Can't wait!

In general, there are Summer and Winter itineraries. Repositioning cruises would be Spring and Fall. Look for April/May or Sept/Oct for repositioning cruises.

Also, NCL has the itineraries set through April of 2014 (Hawaii thru April 2015). The next release for April 2014-April 2015 will probably be released in December.

The best advice, as others have posted, is keeping an eye on the NCL website. We usually book about a year out to take advantage of the "EBR" Early Booking Rate. That way, you can book early, get the cabin you want and watch the website for any promos or price drops. Although price drops are not common, they do exist. You can make changes to your reservations to take advantage of any promos or price changes all the way up to final payment. Being proactive can save you lots of money and get you the accommodations you desire. :)

The "14+ days" approach is a good one, but repo cruises on the west coast are usually 7 days or less (unless connected to a Panama Canal transit). Look at the "Pacific Coastal" and "Panama Canal" categories.

But for east coast repos the "9-14" or "14+" day categories are probably the way to go. Plus, of course, the "Transatlantic" category.

Most repos are in Apr/May and Sep/Oct, but there can be some exceptions.

TIA for your help.

We go to NCL's home page, check out the destinations we are interested in, select how long we want to be gone, the ship preferance, and the port of departure. Most repo cruises are at least 14 days long. Start there.

When DH and I did that this year we found the 17 day repo cruise leaving from NY, cruisng through the Panama Canal and docking in L.A. We booked it immediately to ensure we got the suite we wanted.

If NCL doesn't have the cruise listed that you are looking for, keep trying.

Archived