sold out

kmbp66

I have heard of TAs having blocks of cabins, and if they don't sell by a certain time, they release them back to Carnival. So it could be possible that Carnival puts a price on these that are lower than you paid, to get them sold at the last minute...but I wouldn't say this happens all the time.

Not in my experience on the Magic.....but I got around $800 total in price drops between 2 cabins over about a years time before it sold out....and $400 of that ended up in OBC! We were happy! I got real lucky once...the price dropped $400 around midnight one night and was back up in the morning but I had submitted my form. About 2 weeks before cruising it finally completely sold out and that was the end of price drops for us.

no OBC for us....I checked everyday for months...the closest we came was $ 80 shy of what we paid...it never fell lower !! Guess I'm not blessed with an OBC like so many others that have posted there OBC :mad:

no OBC for us....I checked everyday for months...the closest we came was $ 80 shy of what we paid...it never fell lower !! Guess I'm not blessed with an OBC like so many others that have posted there OBC :mad:

It's all about supply & demand; your cruise must have been selling pretty well (and selling out?), thus no need to drop the prices.

If the cruise ship is completely sold out....are there still price drops ? :rolleyes: Or is this a dumb question ?:eek:

If a cruise sells out they usually have a "Wait list" so no need to drop the price if cabins do become available through cancellations,If they advertised a few cancelled categories at cheap prices then everyone in those categories with ES would claim the price drop!

Den

You like I must have chosen a more popular cruise and perhaps better time,these cruises are usually more expensive to start with and small amounts of OBC would not make most change to a different cruise that wouldnt suit them.

You win by getting the best cabin and choice of a cruise that suit you;)

Den

I have heard of TAs having blocks of cabins, and if they don't sell by a certain time, they release them back to Carnival. So it could be possible that Carnival puts a price on these that are lower than you paid, to get them sold at the last minute...but I wouldn't say this happens all the time.

At what point do the blocked cabins get returned to the cruise line? I wouldn't think they could keep them til the last minute but what do I know. lol

Bill

Archived