Is Harrison's Cave worth seeing?

jasminelee

We will be in Barbados in December. I am looking at independent tours and wanted to know if most people thought Harrison's Cave was worth taking the time to see? It looks like it is just a tram ride through caves. Am I missing something exciting here?

thanks for your opinions in advance

Most of the cave tour is spent on a tram. There are a few stops where you can get off and take pictures (the tram moves slow enough you can take pictures on the tram also). There is also an interpretive center before you get into the caves, where they have some neat displays and videos.

We did the cave tour 2 years ago when we stayed on the island for 2 weeks. Although we all really enjoyed the tour (wife, kids, my dad) we still prefer to spend our time at the beach and in the ocean. But that's just us...

It all depends on what YOU want to do with your time in Barbados.

I live where we get 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad skiing, so any chance I get to hit a beach and swim in the ocean, I'm there... Barbados has beautiful beaches and plenty of spots where you can swim, snorkel and/or dive.

There is also a lot of history on the island, so if beaches aren't your thing, then there's a lot to see and do away from the sand, including a trip to the caves.

Cheers, P:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived