NCL hasn't offered me an upgrade..what'd I do?

dishealth11

on our upcoming Majesty cruise. First I called NCL's upsell/upgrade desk (800/625-4309). Angie, of course, told me the "grids" come out on Monday, but I have to call my travel agent. I told her what we'd be interested in upgrading to and told her I'd call our TA. Got off the phone with her, then called our TA. Well, sure enough, Monday afternoon (late) we got a call from our TA saying that NCL was offering the exact stateroom we wanted (I had checked on line before I called NCL to see what was available) for $150. I told her we would take it -- she put us on hold to call NCL, and, unfortunately, the room we wanted was gone. However, they could offer us a suite for $700! I said no thanks.

Well, later in the week, I noticed that the cabin we wanted (as well as a better one) had become available. I called our TA to see if they'd contact NCL and find out if they'd still offer us that upgrade. After a few phone calls back and forth, we got our upgrade! And we're very happy with it!

So, don't give up! Call NCL, and even when they tell you to call your TA, they will keep your information on file (they obviously did with us). Then call your TA. If you see a stateroom you might want, tell your TA to call NCL and ask them what they'll give you for an upgrade! It's worth the time and phone calls!

Good luck and enjoy your cruise! :p

It may well be that your Cruise is sold out, or they have done all the upgrading they can do...waiting for an upgrade to happen is not the way to go..remember there are 2000 other passengers too. If you want an upgrade call your TA or if you booked directly with NCL call them...Good luck:)

we love............. how do u go about knowing if a cabin is booked or not?

I'm interested in up-grading

Hope you don't mind my butting in here, korinnab, but the way I have kept track is I go through the booking process on the NCL website. Then when it's time to choose the type of cabin, I choose each category and it tells me which ones are available.

Hope this helps!

Archived