*OFFICIAL* CC Group Cruise 02/15/2014 Cupid's IV Southern Caribbean - Carnival Breeze

HeidiHo

Good Evening!

Welcome Jan and Chris.

Chris - Yes, those of us that are booked into the group are getting an on board credit. That is the only group amenity though so anyone who would like to join us for activities is welcome. You do not have to be in the group.

We will definitely be having a couple of meet and greets. For sure we will have an unofficial one at sail away, probably by the aft pool bar. I also plan to set up an official one on the 1st full sea day which is Sunday. Time and location is TBA so keep watching here for details. We may also do the cabin crawl that Dave was talking about. I'm was thinking that we might do this on the last day. Again, just keep watching here for details.

It has gotten quite cold here now. We had our first big snow yesterday. Wouldn't you know I also had clients traveling yesterday and they got delayed at O'Hare just long enough to miss their connection in San Francisco. They are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice on a 12 night New Zealand/Austrailia cruise. Fortunately they were able to get a later flight out of SFO and will not miss the beginning of the cruise. It only snowed about 3-4 inches but it was enough to really mess things up on the roads and at the airport. Now the temps are down in the single digits. I have a feeling we are in for a very brutal winter because we've had some pretty cold weather already and it's not even quote mid December yet. technically, it's still fall.

Sue - I guy came in the Olive Garden tonight and he was freezing and the first thing he said to me was, "Is it always this cold here." so I asked him where he was from and he said Portland, Oregon. I laughed and told him that I had a good friend in Oregon and that the temps where she lives was -20. I guess it doesn't get that cold in Portland though.

Have a great week. :)

Chris, several of us in the group are on deck 7. Welcome!

Heidi, that's funny about the guy from Portland. No, Portland is not nearly as cold as we are. They very rarely get any snow, but lots of rain. Not sure how cold they got during this cold snap, but I know Eugene was down to 10 degrees, and they are only about 100 miles from Portland. They were both getting snow, and none of those people know how to drive in snow, which causes lots of problems with all the traffic.

Well, my cold is worse today, but at least I got through our budget meeting with our banker yesterday before it got too bad.

My favorite cow, who was at least 20 years old (VERY old for a cow), died in her sleep early yesterday. We knew she was going downhill for several months, but Dave let her stay on the ranch instead of sending her to the auction. She was born on the ranch, and died on the ranch, never had to step foot in a cattle truck. Dave buried her so the coyotes wouldn't get her. He said it's the first time he's ever buried a cow. He's such a good guy! There aren't many ranchers who would indulge their wife that way, because when a cow isn't producing a calf, you're losing money by putting grass and hay into a non productive cow. She did have a calf this year (calf is big, he'll be fine eating hay, she probably wasn't giving much milk anyway), but there were several years that she didn't bring in a calf, and Dave let her stay anyway because he knew how attached I was to her. I'm sad, but she had a really good life for a cow.

I just can't handle the death loss very well anymore, and it's just part of our business. Sometimes cows or calves just die. I've been around cattle since I was born, so I know it's just the way it is. But it bothers me way more than it ever used to. It's one reason we are selling the ranch and getting out of the cattle business. Neither of us really want to mess with cows anymore. I love them, but they are a pain and require a lot of work!

Good morning cruisers,

We are on deck 7 and have a balcony. I love the balcony in the morning. I usually order coffee for 2 and I sit out there with coffee and sometimes a pastry. It's a great way to start the day.

Is anyone going to the Steakhouse and Italian restaurant? The Italian restaurant is open for lunch without a reservation or extra charge. It's mostly a pasta bar then.

It's trying to warm up here. The ice is melting slowly.

My jury duty for today was cancelled. I had been pre-assigned to a court and the judge cancelled so I've done my duty for the year.

Sue, sorry to hear about your cow. Tough to lose a favorite animal.

Dave

Finally booked an interior room on deck 7, the last available :)

It was only possible to choose late dining because early dining was already a wait list.

Is anybody else here at late dining?

Chris

Chris - We have late dining and so does sue and I'm pretty sure Dave does too.

Finally booked an interior room on deck 7, the last available :)

It was only possible to choose late dining because early dining was already a wait list.

Is anybody else here at late dining?

Chris

DH and I are late dining also

Good Morning from snowy northern Illinois. We got about 3 more inches of snow last night and it's still snowing. we probably have about 6 inches on the ground.

Last night we went to Dave's work Christmas party. It was at a bar called Durty Nellie's. It was nice. we had a private room for 2 1/2 hours and then after that we just moved into the regular bar.

I found out something very interesting while we were at the party. One of the guys that works with Dave is in a band. A few years ago we went to see them play at a bar. also in the band was a married couple. Their teen age daughter was there and joined them for a song or 2. I remember that she was very good. Well, it turns out that that teenage girl was Haley Reinhardt who took 3rd place on season 10 of American Idol. Now, I don't watch American Idol but I do remember her because it was big news around here since she was a local girl. I just never knew that she was that young girl who sang with the band that night. If she ever makes it big I will be able to say I saw her way back when...

I had another shocker when I opened up my newspaper this morning. Remember a couple of weeks ago I told you about a guy that I went to high school with was arrested for strangling his 88 year old neighbor to death? Well, yesterday he hung himself in his jail cell. I guess he didn't want to face being in prison for the rest of his life. The whole thing is just sad. From what I have been hearing, he had been struggling with drug and alcohol issues ever since high school. My heart goes out to the families of both men.

Have a great weekend.

OKC is supposed to get up to 62 degrees on Monday ... and then guess what ... back to more snow! :-(

I am not looking forward to more snow. :mad:

However with the bad weather we had last week we have decided to fly out Thursday instead of Friday for the cruise. Still need to make our flight reservations though, so not set in stone.

I am trying to finish up Christmas shopping today. I just got back from the mall and do not plan to step back into the mall before Christmas or even be in that area. The traffic is terrible around the mall.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Kathy - Yeah I can only imagine the traffic ... Quail Springs is always horrible so around this time of the year I can only imagine how worse it is. We're flying out of OKC on the Thursday before the cruise as well.I believe we're on AA into MIA.

We had fun enjoying the crowds and traffic today. Picked up some gifts but still have a few more to go.

The forecast for next weekend is currently only rain. And I want to keep it that way. I've seen enough ice for now unless it's in a cocktail.:D

Dave

Heidi, that's so sad about the guy you went to high school with.

I still need to wrap presents, haven't even started that yet. Since we are having Christmas in Bend this year, I'm not doing my usual baking. I'll probably still make one or two kinds of cookies, instead of 4 or 5 different kinds. Ever since the kids were small, I've always made candy cane cookies, which are a pain to make because you have to divide the dough, color one half red, roll out little ropes of dough and twist them together, then shape them like a candy cane. Very time consuming, but my kids love them, especially Greg. I'll do those for sure, because Greg probably wouldn't let me into his house of I didn't bring the damn candy cane cookies!

From below zero early in the week, yesterday it was sunny and pretty warm, maybe close to 50. Our snow is all gone. Doesn't feel much like December right now.

Good afternoon Cupids,

Last week we frooze and this week we can get the t-shirts back out, at least for a couple days. It is in the 60s today and may be in the 70s by Wednesday. Expecting a cold front this weekend that will chill things off again.

Sue, sounds like you are feeling a little better if you are baking. I know it's a chore but the boys will love it.

Ryan and Kathy, enjoy the warm temps. I am. Road to work today with the windows down until I approached a bring that was covered in sand. Now we will have blast of sand until the sweepers and remove it all.

Hope all have a great week.

Dave

It's very wintery here. Snowy and cold. We've had a lot of very cold weather and snow for this early in the year. Technically, it's not even winter yet. I'm afraid we are in for a brutal one. i just keep telling myself, only 2 more months!