Westerdam VA Rooms

SplitRaindrop

We're in the process of booking a charter cruise (Smooth Jazz Cruise) on the Westerdam in January. We were in a VF room (5th Floor) this year but wanted to be up at least one floor and decided on the VA category. The way this charter works is that you are offered a specific room at booking and you can confirm that room or ask for a different option. Does anyone know of any exceptionally good or bad rooms in this category. It looks like most are on the Rotterdam Level (7) or there are a few on the Upper Verandah (6). We just want to make an informed decision this time! We're excited to go on this cruise again. It's called the "Greatest Party at Sea" for good reason. Spectacular music and great HAL service!

... decided on the VA category. Does anyone know of any exceptionally good or bad rooms in this category.
The largest VA on the W'dam, both inside and out on the balcony, are those on the stern on decks 4 & 5, but you said you wanted to be higher.

I suggest you avoid the VA on the aft of deck 8 (i.e. cabin numbers greater than 8096) because of the sometimes-noisy pool deck above them. Deck chairs get dragged around early in the morning when the area is being cleaned or straightened-up.

The ones far forward on deck 7 or 8 can have a lot of motion in rough seas, so my recommendation is 7090 or higher. We once had 7124 and liked the location very much.

I thought one of the advantages of deck 5 is that the balconies are fully covered. So rain or shine, you can be outside. Just because a balcony is covered doesn't mean you won't have sunshine on the deck etc. Just adds a bit of shade or protection from rain etc.

VF cabins look mid-ship so that helps with motion (less movement). We always book mid to AFT ... the AFT facing balconies are our favorites.

We were recently in 8096 and heard no noise from the Lido at all. Actually I think our cabin, along with 8098 and 8100 might be under the men's room :). Anyway, we had no noise problem. The location was great for the eating part of the cruise, just up one level to Lido or hop on elevator and go right to dining room. Going to the Crow's Nest or the Show Lounge required a bit more of a walk, but then we didn't gain any weight on the cruise :P.

Archived