Post cruise excursion port canaveral - flights

Debsta

Hi everyone

I'm doing the FOS on 13 May (Western Caribbean) and as I doubt I'll ever get back in that neck of the woods again I was thinking of doing the Cape Canaveral Tour (ship tour) when I disembark. The blurb says to book flights after 4.00 pm. Do you think I will be OK for a 3.55 pm? Otherwise I have to wait until 8.25 pm for a direct flight to Long Island.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Deb

By Cape Canaveral I'm pretty sure you mean Kennedy Space Center (referred to by both names). It's a wonderful place and is fun and very cool. My mother in law worked for there for many years designing the Saturn V rocket and later the Space Shuttle (RIP). And now my sister in law is there a lot with Lockheed-Martin launching rockets for them.

Anyway, you should be ok with making it back in time. Now I don't know how the tour will work but if you really want to see the whole place, you need to spend the day. It's about a 45 minute drive from KSC to MCO. So if they say 4:00 they should get you there by 2:00PM, which should be enough time to get you to your gate in time as long as nothing happens. I'd check with the airline you want to book with to check out their policy in case you do miss your flight.

We have done this tour 3 times via RCCL and each time we have departed KSC at 2pm. Our flights have always been after 7pm and by the time we have gotten checked in and through the security checks and made our way to gate we haven't had long to wait before boarding. I would go for the later flight as we have always found the lines to be very long for the security checks at Orlando Airport.

Archived