Decisions, Decisions - Cannes, Nice or stay on the ship?

Poppet1964

We're on the Epic in June... we've got FULL days planned for Rome, Naples and Florence.. They changed our itinerary to dock in Cannes instead of Nice. I was really looking forward to the market in Nice, but I'm nervous about going to Nice on my own from Cannes, and maybe we'll be too exhausted?

Should we take the train to Nice to see the market? I hear the beaches in Cannes are beautiful, should we spend the day on the beach in Cannes or just try to get a Posh Pass and stay on the ship?

We're already planning to stay on the ship (or just wander through the port) in Marseille, our last day on the ship.

I know it's all personal taste, but looking for those that have done it and their opinions. If the beaches in Cannes are nice (and maybe there are markets there too?), I'd love to get a recommendation for one or two and would be happy to spend a day on the French Riviera working on my tan! If the market in Nice is a 'never to be missed'.. I'd like to know that too.

This is my first time to Europe. Thanks!

:) hello

at my opinion it will be too bad to stay on the boat lol!!

you can take the train to go to Nice it will take half an hour and the train station is 3 roads behind where you will disembark you can also take the bus (number 200) the bus stop is where you ll disembark it's very nice trip but longuer you can take the bus in the morning and get back with the train

Nice market is very typical the old town too you also have the Castle and the Promenade des Anglais they are all in the same place

depends when you ll get of the boat you can do that in the morning and get back in the afternoon to take some sun on the beach

( there 's a lot of private beach on Cannes quite expensive just a few public one ):)

if you need more informations .......

We're on the Epic in June... we've got FULL days planned for Rome, Naples and Florence.. They changed our itinerary to dock in Cannes instead of Nice. I was really looking forward to the market in Nice, but I'm nervous about going to Nice on my own from Cannes, and maybe we'll be too exhausted?

Should we take the train to Nice to see the market? I hear the beaches in Cannes are beautiful, should we spend the day on the beach in Cannes or just try to get a Posh Pass and stay on the ship?

We're already planning to stay on the ship (or just wander through the port) in Marseille, our last day on the ship.

I know it's all personal taste, but looking for those that have done it and their opinions. If the beaches in Cannes are nice (and maybe there are markets there too?), I'd love to get a recommendation for one or two and would be happy to spend a day on the French Riviera working on my tan! If the market in Nice is a 'never to be missed'.. I'd like to know that too.

This is my first time to Europe. Thanks!

Why would you even think of staying on the ship in the SOF...No way.

Cannes would be a great beach day for you.Google the whole area as well as Nice and do some homework to see what may fit you.You caould take the train to Nice in the AM see the market,and go back to Cannes for some beach time...all at your pace.The market could be missed if you just wanted to chill.

I would NEVER stay on the ship and miss a port. Cannes is lovely and if you want/ need a slow day, just walk around to see the town and have a nice lunch somewhere. Just please get off the ship! :D

I'm convinced! We won't stay on the ship for sure! Hadn't thought about Nice just in the am... that might be a more relaxing way to approach it, then I won't be worried about getting back on time and can look at the Cannes beaches.

Thanks all of you!

Archived