Balmoral inside cabin

katrus-83

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can give me some information on the inside cabin grades I and H on the Balmoral.

We booked our first Fred Olsen cruise over the phone with a well known

UK cruise agent last Friday night and couldn't make our minds up as to which cabin to go for. We really wanted a double bed and not the L shape configuration of some cabins but Fred Olsen won't tell you which cabins have which.

We went for I grade then quickly changed our mind to H but it was too late the agent had entered I into the system. She told us that she would contact Fred Olsen 1st thing on Monday morning to tell them that we really wanted H grade but Fred Olsen wanted a whopping £250 per person more to change it over (both grades had been advertised for the same price when we booked).

Having now looked at the Fred Olsen website it appears that the I grade is the more likely to have the L shape configuration. Is this the case or have the rooms been altered recently?

Our first impressions of Fred Olsen are not good and we are starting to wish that we had booked with one of the major cruise lines.

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can give me some information on the inside cabin grades I and H on the Balmoral.

UK cruise agent last Friday night and couldn't make our minds up as to which cabin to go for. We really wanted a double bed and not the L shape configuration of some cabins but Fred Olsen won't tell you which cabins have which.

We went for I grade then quickly changed our mind to H but it was too late the agent had entered I into the system. She told us that she would contact Fred Olsen 1st thing on Monday morning to tell them that we really wanted H grade but Fred Olsen wanted a whopping £250 per person more to change it over (both grades had been advertised for the same price when we booked).

Having now looked at the Fred Olsen website it appears that the I grade is the more likely to have the L shape configuration. Is this the case or have the rooms been altered recently?

Our first impressions of Fred Olsen are not good and we are starting to wish that we had booked with one of the major cruise lines.

I find this very strange ....I had to change a booking on a completely different cruise with FO next year , different Ship, different date , cheaper cruise ..I just had to pay £50 pp admin charges !! I,ve also changed cabin numbers within a week of booking , no charge !

I,d phone your TA and tell them you are not at all happy over this !! I take it you only paid deposit ?? Or is the cruise very soon ?

If not the latter , I would threaten to cancel !

Thanks for your reply Billyboy22.

Apparently the price of the cruise went up over the weekend and FO will only give me the H grade cabin at the new price which is no longer the same price as the I cabin which it was when I booked.

I have spoken to TA and they say there is nothing that they can do as it is down to FO. We are resigned to having the I grade cabin now so we just want to know what they are like.

Thanks again for your reply.

Thanks for your reply Billyboy22.

Apparently the price of the cruise went up over the weekend and FO will only give me the H grade cabin at the new price which is no longer the same price as the I cabin which it was when I booked.

I have spoken to TA and they say there is nothing that they can do as it is down to FO. We are resigned to having the I grade cabin now so we just want to know what they are like.

Thanks again for your reply.

Well, I hope this dont put you off FO..I,ve been on all his ships ..Balmoral is my favourite..Beautiful ship !

Keep an eye on the prices , they will possibly drop nearer the cruise sail date , then maybe you can change cabins !

Sailed on the Balmoral 2 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised with it. Good food, entertainment and nice ship. We had an outside cabin deck 5 aft and it shuddered and vibrated quite a bit while slowing down and docking but apart from that it was a nice roomy cabin.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

We had cabin 3060 (next to kiddies games room) downstairs in the dungeon, last december. Apart from the cardboard thin walls everything was fine.

Hi Bluemug how are things. We were on that cruise don't know if you will remember us. Susan & Michael.

Have you booked your next cruise? We will be on the Braemar next month to Spitzbergen and I think we'll be on our own as nobody has answered my post to see who else is travelling.

Hi Bluemug how are things. We were on that cruise don't know if you will remember us. Susan & Michael.

Have you booked your next cruise? We will be on the Braemar next month to Spitzbergen and I think we'll be on our own as nobody has answered my post to see who else is travelling.

Michael. were you the gentleman from the anti-podes, with the superb singing voice, in karioke

Michael. were you the gentleman from the anti-podes, with the superb singing voice, in karioke

No that wasn't my husband (he can't sing). I am a geordie and he is a southerner, does that help. If not it doesn't matter and have a great next cruise.

Archived