Silver Moon - Barbados

texkan

The Silver Moon day sail is our all time favorite excursion in the Caribbean. Last March we completed our 7th cruise on the Silver Moon - all with the same great crew.

This is a great day sail that lasts about 5 hours on an uncrowded luxury catamaran. They usually limit the group on the Silver Moon II to twelve although it is very comfortable and uncrowded with a group twice that size. The Silver Moon III (not the boat we took this year but we have in the past) usually sails with a group of 24 as the Silver Moon II occasionally does. The trip includes stops to swim with sea turtles, snorkeling and a final stop in a scenic spot for lunch and time to swim or relax over one of their wonderful rum punches (or another choice of drink). Lunch on this trip included flying fish, my favorite, along with other entrees and side dishes.

I have lots of photos on my web site, some of which include photos of a few of the other popular catamarans in the background (pay attention to the captions). CLICK HERE to be linked to the photos from our latest trip which also has links to other six past trips. Most of the photo galleries also have short reviews of our excursions with them as well. http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/2012-Equninox-10-Day-Caribbean/Barbados-Silver-Moon-Day-Sail/22757240_mH39MP#!i=1825357801&k=jsb5C7W

You can't go wrong with the great experience on the Silver Moon!

We love lounging on the boat, lunch, and just enjoying the ride as much as we like swimming with the turtles!

Turtle7-L.gif

Hi,

Are the 12 and 24 different size Catamarans? We love catamarans and have gone on one each time we cruise. Do you guys prefer the 12 or 24. Do they have other drinks besides rum drinks? Beer? Thanks!

The cat they use for 24 is roomier, but they also sometimes use the smaller cat for 24 and it is still not crowded, Could handle many more people before I'd call it crowded.

They have other beverages including soft drinks, beer, wine and they can make Pina Coladas too.

I really like both boats for different reasons but know others who prefer the 12 person sailing because of fewer people on board.

The cat they use for 24 is roomier, but they also sometimes use the smaller cat for 24 and it is still not crowded, Could handle many more people before I'd call it crowded.

They have other beverages including soft drinks, beer, wine and they can make Pina Coladas too.

I really like both boats for different reasons but know others who prefer the 12 person sailing because of fewer people on board.

sounds good. we are really excited about this. we just love our catamaran excursions. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I sent an email out last week and heard a response the following day. We booked with them and received prompt responses again.

A question I do have.. I was watching a video of the tour someone posted and I did not see anyone wearing life jackets, or flippers when swimming with the turtles. Do they have these items available? I am fine, but my DH would certainly feel more comfortable with one of those life jacket thing that goes around the neck or something of the sort.

Dana

I sent an email out last week and heard a response the following day. We booked with them and received prompt responses again.

A question I do have.. I was watching a video of the tour someone posted and I did not see anyone wearing life jackets, or flippers when swimming with the turtles. Do they have these items available? I am fine, but my DH would certainly feel more comfortable with one of those life jacket thing that goes around the neck or something of the sort.

Dana

You do not wear flippers while swimming with the turtles because you do not need to swim far and are in a group. They don't want you to hit each other, or the turtles, with the flippers. They do have flippers for use at the snorkeling site.

They recommend and supply snorkeling vests but do not require their use if someone chooses not to wear them.

Thank you.. that will give my husband some peace of mind about the vests being available, which in turn give me peace of mind:D.

Make sense about the fins with the turtles.. I like that they are watching out for the well being of the animals!! makes me even more comfortable that we booked with them..now if someone could just make the next 4 months go faster!!!! This is the highlight excursion of my trip

Dana

Archived