Deck 9 Across from Concierge Lounge?

bzv143

Thanks Don--you are a LIFESAVER!

One more question--is that a Laundrette next to the Concierge Lounge? If so, has anyone used it? What does it have--machines, detergent, chairs, etc.? :confused:

Wow -- I just hope I was accurate enough!

Regarding the laundry, I used it on the Maiden Voyage of Marina and again on the second leg to San Francisco last year. I was actrually in the laundry room when the TV was installed (Marina left the ship yard with 120 shipyard workers on board, finishing up details). It has a love seat sofa like in the veranda cabins, a flat panel TV, 3 stacked washer/dryers, and 2 ironing boards. When I was aboard, the machines ran on quarters; they may have been converted to tokens by now. In either case, the reception desk folks help, either providing change or selling tokens (which are put on your shipboard account). If my memory serves, it costs $2 to wsh and $2 to dry.

The detergent is in dispensers on the wall -- press a button and it automatically dispenses enough detergent for a wash. On the Regatta class ships, it is automatically dispensed into the washer. On Marina last year, unless it has been changed since, the detergent is dispensed into a cup that you pour into the little hopper on the washing machine. It was a bit confusing on the Maiden Voyage -- they had adopted signage from the R ships that it would be dispensed into the machine, but there were no hoses to the machines. We chuckled a lot figuring it out...

The machines provide a fairly accurate digital countdown of how much time is remaining, so it's easy to mark the time, leave, and come back just before the machine is done.

Similarly, the ironing boards are in metal enclosures that look a lot more like larger electric panel enclosures, and a few folks never found them! On Deck 9, they are on the Port side of the laundry room. Open the enclosure and fold the ironing board down. The irons are inside the enclosure, also.

The Deck 9 laundry is also different in that there is no door off the passageways directly into the laundry room. Instead, the doors in the Port and Starboard passageways open into a connecting passageway, and the laundry room door is on the foward side of that connector.

Because there are lauderettes on every cabin deck of Oceania, each with 3 combo machines, I haven't heard about any of the minor tiffs or arguments that have occurred in the single launderette on the R ships.

The doors enter from either hallway (port or starboard) towards the aft end of the ship, across from 9024/9026 and 9037/9039.

Don,

Your descriptions and info are excellent as always, but the lounge is on deck 9 forward, not aft. I'm sure that was just a typo.

Archived