Getting married on ship. . .OOT bags

We are planning on using goody-filled mesh bags, from Oriental Trading, as decorations so the guests can take them with them to their cabin (or home if not sailing) when the ceremony is over. No big deal right?

How the heck do we get them to the ceremony site on the ship along with carrying our "carry-on" luggage?

This never hit me as I was putting the 22 bags together until they were all pilled up on my dining room table. I don't think we can box them, that would be hard to carry. Maybe crunching them into some "hefty" bags?? O' my . . .

I spoke to RR and RCCL and they said they "may" have a porter that will take them to the room, but not to cout on it.

I really don't want to down size them, but I may have to. I've been so giddy and proud of them . . .:(

Andrea

Any suggestions, or similar situations?

If the bags have handles and are not huge you may be able to "hang" them in a garment bag using a tiered pant hanger (not sure what it's called, but here's a link to one (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=10204917&RN=50&KSKU=101693) Since you have 22 bags, that would be 4-5 bags/row and they should overlap eachother so they won't get too banged up and they'll be hidden from guests. I did this for gift bags for an event once and it worked great--you'll just need a strong guy to carry it for you :) or use multiple garment bags.

Archived