Summit Cabin 1139

sparkle56

I've done a search and haven't really found the answer to my question so maybe someone who has had this cabin, or is knowledgeable about it otherwise, can help.

This is a port side cabin, aft. Not center aft. It appears to have a balcony that is a wraparound kind so we can see out the port side and also the wake of the ship.

1. Does anyone know if this is true or will there be a wall keeping us from seeing the wake.

2. What is the bed/bath configuration in the cabin?

3. How much noise and smoke makes it from the lounge below up to deck 11?

We changed our AQ cabin this morning from a mid-ships port because it was immediately under the pool--deck chairs, band noise, pool games would be a real deterrent to relaxing on our balcony.

But now I'm wondering about this decision to go with 1139.

Thanks for any info or help!

I've done a search and haven't really found the answer to my question so maybe someone who has had this cabin, or is knowledgeable about it otherwise, can help.

This is a port side cabin, aft. Not center aft. It appears to have a balcony that is a wraparound kind so we can see out the port side and also the wake of the ship.

1. Does anyone know if this is true or will there be a wall keeping us from seeing the wake.

2. What is the bed/bath configuration in the cabin?

3. How much noise and smoke makes it from the lounge below up to deck 11?

We changed our AQ cabin this morning from a mid-ships port because it was immediately under the pool--deck chairs, band noise, pool games would be a real deterrent to relaxing on our balcony.

But now I'm wondering about this decision to go with 1139.

Thanks for any info or help!

I've posted several reviews of these aft cabins, so see if you can search by that topic or my screen name. They are long! LOL There is also a really good picture of those aft cabins blown up and enhanced, so try to find that. I'll try to find it, too.

To answer some of the above:

1. Balcony does not wrap around. The only way to see the wake would be to lean out over the railing.

2. Bed is by the bath in these AQ cabins.

3. In my reviews I addressed our experience with noise and smoke. The port side cabins 1139/1133/1141 may be susceptible to more smoke as the Sunset Bar just below allows smoking there Port side. And I say 'may be', not definitely. You will likely hear some light music, but you are a bit away from it so won't be as noticeable as aft facing. We thoroughly enjoyed hearing the steel drum. We were aft facing and were not bothered by people talking/partying noise.

Hope this helped.....Enjoy!!

Here's the link for that enhanced picture I mentioned. It says to credit gimletgal and MrJulius for pics.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32807604&postcount=3:

You might also try these threads for more info and pics:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1609419

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586311

Thanks so much, blazeconsulting! The photo was very helpful.

I've called Celebrity four times today trying to get this figured out and here is what I've learned from them:

• The ashtrays at the Sunset bar are smokeless ashtrays so they minimize drifting smoke.
  • Although this cabin is port side, there is NO SMOKING in any cabins, regardless of where they are on the ship. When I asked what would happen if someone did light up I was told they would be confronted and would pay a fine. Do it again, get off at the next port.
  • There definitely is a wall on either side of the balcony so one cannot just look aft and see the wake. (But one can go up one deck, or down to the Sunset Bar and there is the wake.)
  • The room configurations are the same in all AQ cabins: bathroom as you enter, then the living area, then the bed by the balcony.
  • The location of these cabins is excellent for access to Blu.
  • The rest of deck 11 has the jogging track and many deck chairs. And maybe the kids club up front. When I was told this deck is used a lot on Mediterranean cruises, I said, "Oh, then it is a topless deck." Yes, on Mediterranean cruises. ;)

Thanks so much, blazeconsulting! The photo was very helpful.

I've called Celebrity four times today trying to get this figured out and here is what I've learned from them:

• The ashtrays at the Sunset bar are smokeless ashtrays so they minimize drifting smoke.
  • Although this cabin is port side, there is NO SMOKING in any cabins, regardless of where they are on the ship. When I asked what would happen if someone did light up I was told they would be confronted and would pay a fine. Do it again, get off at the next port.
  • There definitely is a wall on either side of the balcony so one cannot just look aft and see the wake. (But one can go up one deck, or down to the Sunset Bar and there is the wake.)
  • The room configurations are the same in all AQ cabins: bathroom as you enter, then the living area, then the bed by the balcony.
  • The location of these cabins is excellent for access to Blu.
  • The rest of deck 11 has the jogging track and many deck chairs. And maybe the kids club up front. When I was told this deck is used a lot on Mediterranean cruises, I said, "Oh, then it is a topless deck." Yes, on Mediterranean cruises. ;)

and dont forget the convenient door /stair access to deck 10 aft..though some have commented about noise from door slamming:eek:....but I really believe that traffic is minimized since it is practically limited to the guests of the 43 cabins up there..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33320638&postcount=45

Archived