Boarding Princess in Southampton, UK with obvious wine as checked baggage

Ok, I know lots of questions about bringing wine on board Princess have been asked throughout this board :rolleyes:, but most of the answers correspond to FLL port or other US based ports. How about Southampton, UK? Are the circumstances the same. Can I check an obvious wine carrier (6-8 bottles) with my checked luggage and still get it to my cabin? I checked the ship's wine list and the few that I could recognize are not my favorites. I tend to favor Spanish wines, as well as Malbecs and Shyraz. Would like to bring my own on board to drink (dont mind corkage fee), but dont what to have it confiscated :eek:. I would appreciate information specific to this port and this cruise line. I know Barcelona is a very easy port to deal with in terms of bringing wine on board any cruise line :D, for those interested, but would like to know your experiences in Southampton with Princess ships.

Thanks!

Unless they have changed the rules recently then they would have no problem with half-a-dozen bottles. I assume you meant as carry-ons rather than checked.

Supermarkest here ave an excelent selection at very reasonable prices and you usually expect a 5% discount if you buy 6 bottles. (They don't have to be the same)

We will be arriving at Heathrow at 6:30 a.m. on the morning of departure. We have purchased the Princess bus to take us to the ship. Will we have time to go to a local market in South Hampton to purchase wine to bring on board? Any recommended markets to visit?

Thanks for any feedback.

Unless they have changed the rules recently then they would have no problem with half-a-dozen bottles. I assume you meant as carry-ons rather than checked.

Supermarkest here ave an excelent selection at very reasonable prices and you usually expect a 5% discount if you buy 6 bottles. (They don't have to be the same)

I thought that Princess only allowed one bottle to be brought on board??

Archived