Thomson Dream , Cabin 9022 , any problems with it ????

9033 is a smaller cabin than 9022 or 9027 for that matter.9022 is an outside plus - 9033 is a standard outside and is shorter in length.

9038 and 9040 are slightly better than 9027 and 9040 is the better of the two. There is not that much to choose between them all.

White space next to 9040 is a store with a door opening on to the Deck used rarely by crew.It is the crew only access store for spare lifejackets etc should passengers come up on deck in an emergency without theirs and also used to store those used by the crew for the drill amongst other things.Access to this is from the locked door on the open deck.

Do not stress over this - if you can not change then do not worry - if you are a light sleeper take some earplugs just in case. This whole area is not that bad - it is just that many people booking Deck 9 midhsips would expect no noise issues whatsoever.These cabins are quieter than 5214 for example. You may even come back and say you hardly noticed it - it depends on what you are used to - if you live by a main road then you will be used to noise at night - and vice versa. It is subjective.

As regards obstructions - nothing to worry about from memory on any of them - remember these cabins have "one way" glass so those walking past outside can not see in.

Thanks again "H-T" , have just rung to see if can change, hadnt read this then so asked for 3031/3029 so hope i havnt made a boob. :eek::eek:

If she cant get through today ill ask het to request 9040 or 9038.

Wont be changing if they want to charge though as think its just a rip off. Ive paid once.

P&O dont charge in fact no one else does and you can keep swapping cabins to your hearts content till you are happy. Hope Thomsons are listening......;);)

Hi yet again HT, well ive done it, we've changed to 9031, chap at Thomsons said it was def a quieter cabin and good views. He said 9040 and 9038 had obstructed views. :confused:

However..... even though he admitted cabin 9022 was noisy they would not weaver the £42 charge so we have now paid in the region of £80 to choose a flippin cabin ! :mad::mad:

Not a happy bunny at all especially when i know how quick and easy it is to do this :mad:

If i hadnt made the change then i would have carried on wittereing and been a thorn in your side so thought i had better do it but i am not happy with Thomsons. Feel this is very unfair !!!!!!!!

If and its a big if they need to even charge once for a cabin choice then surely that should also cover any changes.

Complete rip off.

Anyone from Thomsons there.... :rolleyes:

Thanks so much though HT , you have been fab :cool:

Can't remember what could be blocking 9038 and 9040 but then again I have not been in every cabin and remember what is outside every window / porthole and how good each and every view is - I can not think there is anything that would be significant though.

All the cabins in this area of Deck 9 look out on to the promenade deck and views are under the lifeboats where there are lifeboats which are not intrusive from any of the cabins. What I can not tell you is where all the Davits are on this ship but I doubt they would block both 9038 9040 too much.I have been in 9037 for a good look round and the view is fine from there and it is directly opposite. What they possibly mean is that there is some steel structure in part of the view from the window rather than a fully obstructed view.9038 and 9040 are quieter due to being furthest from the air con machinery.

Anyway you are in 9031 and I am sure you will have a great time and better than 9022.

Just look forward to it now and enjoy !!

Can't remember what could be blocking 9038 and 9040 but then again I have not been in every cabin and remember what is outside every window / porthole and how good each and every view is - I can not think there is anything that would be significant though.

All the cabins in this area of Deck 9 look out on to the promenade deck and views are under the lifeboats where there are lifeboats which are not intrusive from any of the cabins. What I can not tell you is where all the Davits are on this ship but I doubt they would block both 9038 9040 too much.I have been in 9037 for a good look round and the view is fine from there and it is directly opposite. What they possibly mean is that there is some steel structure in part of the view from the window rather than a fully obstructed view.9038 and 9040 are quieter due to being furthest from the air con machinery.

Anyway you are in 9031 and I am sure you will have a great time and better than 9022.

Just look forward to it now and enjoy !!

Thanks HT , let's hope so after I've made all this fuss over which cabin !!

Thanks again, think Thomsons should give you a job as fleet advisor :):):)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Archived