Boston Post Cruise Hotels

teaser961

We will be sailing June 28th on the Carnival Glory and would like to find a hotel to stay at post cruise on July 2. Does anybody know of hotels that offer post cruise stays that may allow you to park for free pre cruise? Also are the hotels that are near the cruise terminal also close to the parts of Boston that tourists would like to see?

What's your budget for all this? The park/sleep offers are usually for precruise hotel stays - you'd have to contact the providers to see what they could arrange for a post cruise stay. Look at stay123.com and trinityreservations.com. The problem with the park/sleeps is that most of them are located in Saugus, Chelsea, Revere, or other fringe area outside central Boston. The hotels frequently have shuttle service to the "T", but that can be a hassle. The closest park/sleep to downtown Boston is Embassy Suites. They are almost on the airport property and 2 stops on the Blue Line to the Faneuil Hall area. You can also check out the Holiday Inn Express in South Boston - a bit further away from the action but 2 blocks from a Red Line "T" stop.

The hotels closest to the port are very nice. For your date the 4* hotel in the Waterfront area on Hotwire is $172 + tax and is likely to be the Westin. It is one block from the Silver Line "T" stop for an easy ride downtown with transfer options to go to Back Bay or Quincy Market.

Parking at the port is $16/day.

You're welcome. Please check back if you have questions and I'll try to find a solution that will accommodate your budget.

Quite frankly, you live on Long Island so staying northeast of the airport is out of your way. If you're not going to stay right in downtown Boston, I'd consider looking at Hotwire for the Waltham/Newton area. I'm seeing a 4* hotel there for $87 for July 2 (probably the Westin). Drive to the port and pay to park. Dump your luggage off at the car when you return and spend the day touring Boston. Drive out to Newton/Waltham that evening (about 15-20 minutes non rush hour). If you want to spend the next day in Boston, drive in and pay to park. This is more driving, but it's certainly better than dealing with hotel shuttles and the "T" to Chelsea, Revere, or Saugus. I90 is readily accessible from South Boston and it is a straight shot out to Newton/Waltham.

So helpful :). I never considered any of this. I will park at the port and then leave the luggage at the car upon our return. May not even have to book a hotel and just drive back that night.

Thanks once again.

The port parking is $16/day, but you might have to pay a bit more if you check out late. It's right there by the cruise ship. The Silver Line SL2 bus also stops nearby. This is the newest "T" line - buses are air conditioned and run on their own right of way from the Silver Line Way stop to South Station, where you can transfer to the Red Line. Or you can just take a cab wherever you are going.

Archived