Question about NOLA hotels with valet parking

Yvonne

We are not used to valet parking, but I am considering staying in a couple different places in New Orleans before our next cruise that do have valet parking only.

For those who have done that before, did you keep all your luggage with you or did you leave anything in your vehicle?

I would hate to have to have everything with us in our hotel room (we'll have one large piece of luggage just for our cruise, so no real need to have it with us in the room) and I'd prefer to put any shopping purchases in the car too, but with valet parking I would be concerned about theft, so should we just keep everything with us and not leave anything in the car?

A couple of questions.

What hotel(s) are you considering?

What time of year is your cruise?

Where do you plan to park your vehicle while you are on the cruise?

There were several in the French Quarter that I was considering, but I'm just not comfortable with the valet parking and since I'm not getting any responses to my question I'm pretty much planning to go with self-parking instead.

Our cruise is in January (see ticker).

We will most likely leave our car at either the Fulton garage, or park at the port with parking at the port probably being first choice. I think it's $16/night (maybe $18, not sure) but I like the idea of just parking and walking a short distance to the terminal, rather than relying on shuttles.

Hello there, Scott. I have noticed that you have been espicially hospitable in answering on several different questions. There are many of us coming to your city for the first time.

As most cruisers know, an answer from someone who lives in a place is much better

than using a travel book. So, I wanted to personally say thanks.

I am going to post a question on the New Orleans port info which I hope you can help with.

Cruzin Lady

Archived