MAJOR e-mail problems in Cozumel

bruce-r

I just read a post on another message board from a friend who live in Cozumel. They are having serious difficulty receiving email. Here is the message:

If anyone is trying to e-mail anyone on the island right now or in the past few days, please be patient. We are having major technical difficulties.

All cable internet subscribers (which is most of us) have been without internet service going on 3.5 days now. The problems have been ongoing for a couple of months, gradually getting worse, but at least before we had service SOMETIMES...now it's completely out. As you can imagine, this is very frustrating. (I have witnesses...haha)

I was told yesterday that they were working on the problem, but we are looking at close to a week or more without service or intermittent service at best. Apparently they are having major problems with the equipment that transmits the signal between here and the mainland.

So, if any of you have tried to email someone on Cozumel and haven't received a reply, this is why.

Thanks, Bruce. I knew there were some ongoing issues with cable internet. If you go to other Cozumel message boards, there have been very few posts from the people that live on the island that are regulars on the boards.

The majority of people who live on the island have a dsl connection and it works a whole lot better than the cable from all reports. So although some people here will be hard to reach, the other half are still connected at pretty high speeds at this point. Knock on Wood.

Archived