PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

Well, we decided to take the offer from Carnival to give up our cabin, so we won't be sailing with you all. We are taking the 1/5/13 sailing instead. Saved almost $800 on the balconies and $431 on the inside. I had to switch to a cove as there was only one regular balcony left. Hope you all have a blast and can't wait to read all about it.

Well, we decided to take the offer from Carnival to give up our cabin, so we won't be sailing with you all. We are taking the 1/5/13 sailing instead. Saved almost $800 on the balconies and $431 on the inside. I had to switch to a cove as there was only one regular balcony left. Hope you all have a blast and can't wait to read all about it.

Not a bad deal, but sorry you won't be sailing with us! Look forward to meeting you on another cruise!

I can't wait for the next camping trip. It was a lot of fun. We were at our campsite, then visited another campsite, sang karaoke (not me) and had some great food. We also squeezed in a picnic in the park. It was one of my best weekends in a long time.

The weather here has been very hot lately. SF tends to be a little colder. I'll dress in layers for the afternoon sun.

They finished the kitchen today. 2 more bathrooms and we are about done. Now to start saving again. ;)

I was looking at my Hawaii cruise in Jan. Final payment is due in Nov, so I need to pay by Oct to get it out the way.

Hiya Portia! We've had unimaginable heat here too! Sounds like you'll have a whole new house once you finish the remodel. Would love to see photos of all your hard work.:) Have fun in SF..

Wow Linda...I sure hope they can get it all worked out and get Dave in the room.

This is absolute crazy for Carnival to over book like they did.

I tried calling Johnna today to make final payment on both of my cruises but still waiting for her to return my call. Will try again tomorrow.

Hi Ready! Johnna must be really busy these days!:);)

Hey alinda how are you today??

Are you like beach right??

Hi Taylor...I'm crabby today. Carnival is not playing nice!

I love the beach...wish I was at one!

Here you go girlie! Hope you can get everything worked out!

11037765.jpg

Thanks, my friend! Looks delish!:)

Oh Linny!! That is awful!!! :eek: I still don't understand why you can't put other half of you in the room.. It just sux!! I wonder if this will make the news??

Now THAT'S an idea!;)

That's a really nice deal! Sorry we won't be meeting you, but hope you have a great cruise!:)

Dave tried to call Carnival...they won't do anything as this is a "Restricted Cruise":mad:

We have a message in to John Heald (but it's the middle of the nite there now) and I have sent an email to Gerry Cahill. What a major screw up this is:mad:

Dave tried to call Carnival...they won't do anything as this is a "Restricted Cruise":mad:

We have a message in to John Heald (but it's the middle of the nite there now) and I have sent an email to Gerry Cahill. What a major screw up this is:mad:

And that's putting it mildly!:)

Hey funatics......quick question from the Breezers.....even though I know some of you are "funatic breezers".......has anyone that is planning the M&G for the funatics heard anything concrete from Carnival?........they still haven't given me a "go" and that makes me nervous with all the "stuff" going on.......I was wondering that if you guys have a set in stone date and time and they push us off.....if we could just join your group.....just as a back up.....because you know you are all welcome to join ours....(hoping of course that it goes ahead)......

Thanks.....

Hi Funatics....do we have a bartender tonite? I could really use a few stiff ones:rolleyes:

So Crucon has failed me...I am not happy. They were not able to get anywhere in dealing with the upper levels of management at Carnival. So they are telling me to go try to fight it myself, and as we know, Carnival won't talk to you if you didn't book directly with them. So I have no recourse except to go to John Heald and Gerry Cahill to see if that will get me anywhere. I am beyond livid at this point.:mad: And I think I see what is going on here. Since the prices for this cruise skyrocketed after we booked, they are trying to get rid of the people who paid the low prices and fill in the cabins with the people who are overbooked at the higher rates! Shame on them...I really think this is the end of Carnival for us. This is the 2nd cruise they've screwed us on...nice way to treat your Platinum customers:mad:

You've got the right idea, Linny. Post it on JH's FB page. Get a lot of attention and more comments on it and maybe he can step in and get something done. This is so rediculous to not let the 2nd person be added to a 2 person room. :mad:

Linny how did you book the cabin ? for 2 I presume---did you give both names ?

Mornin all !

Nov is going to be a busy cruise month for us ---Blanche was here yesterday and booked the Epic for 11/3---she gets me in such trouble

Cyn didnt call back yet about canx the 2 say ---she's at a seminar in OKC but was going to call for me on her break.

All have a great day :)

Omg what a hectic mess up CCL has made:eek: Linny, I am sending some messages around today also FWIW, it is a disgrace!!:mad:

Aussie, it is not unusual for CCL to wait until about 30 days out to confirm times for parties, although this cruise is anything but usual..we will work it out. There are quite a few of us who planned on joining the joint party with the cc members on the open roll call since early on. I will check with Johna on when I can get our group coordinator name to contact and let you know!

Ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk can we cruise now? And we are NOT cruising without Dave FTLOG!!!!

You've got the right idea, Linny. Post it on JH's FB page. Get a lot of attention and more comments on it and maybe he can step in and get something done. This is so rediculous to not let the 2nd person be added to a 2 person room. :mad:

We didn't want to make it a public issue on John's page, so Dave just posted on his wall how to contact him privately. Stormin Norm saw it and contacted him privately for us. John contacted Dave this morning and said he is handing it to a colleague...let's hope this works. Yes, it is nuts that the cruise is at capacity when there are empty berths...must be a bunch of guarantees with too many people or something. Idiots.

Linny how did you book the cabin ? for 2 I presume---did you give both names ?

No, therein lies the problem. When you're booked with a group, you can choose a cabin by fully depositing one person...you add the other one anytime later. I do it all the time...saves forking out the extra deposit up front. Never had a problem...Johna has never seen this happen before...figures...only us:rolleyes:

OMG, that crazy Blanche!!! You're gonna have some serious sea legs in November!:D

Omg what a hectic mess up CCL has made:eek: Linny, I am sending some messages around today also FWIW, it is a disgrace!!:mad:

Aussie, it is not unusual for CCL to wait until about 30 days out to confirm times for parties, although this cruise is anything but usual..we will work it out. There are quite a few of us who planned on joining the joint party with the cc members on the open roll call since early on. I will check with Johna on when I can get our group coordinator name to contact and let you know!

Ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk can we cruise now? And we are NOT cruising without Dave FTLOG!!!!

Yup, this is a major CCL FUBAR! The person who was in charge of reservations for this sailing better be fired:mad: Hopefully John's "colleague" will be more help than anyone CruCon or we talked to. Thanks for trying to help, but doubtfully you'll get anywhere. That's why we went directly to John and Gerry Cahill.

popping in to say I am on the 2 day but not this one for 8; however, I am on the 8 day on 12/8. We have a great group going on that one and I think some of you may know some of them. If all else fails, any of you are welcome to join our group of misfits. Paying off my 2 day now because I am scared!

Good Morning Breezers!

Linny, I'm so sorry for the hassle you have to deal with. I have no doubts that it'll get fixed. I have a feeling CCL is freaking out with so many over booked cabins on this cruise (and shame on them for ever letting that happen). Situations like this just reinforce me to keep booking on my own through Carnival.

Vasher seems to have a good handle on the 'sleeping in' thing. He's been great every day this week. What a relief it is to be able to get back to some sort of normal sleep schedule. He was 4 months old yesterday and has his last round of puppy shots this evening. He's also learned 2 new tricks in the last couple weeks along with a slew of new words. This dog is way too smart and I can't wait to start training him in agility.

We're hoping to hear back on Cass' car soon so we know if we need to start car shopping for her. I'm also hoping to have some news on my financial situation to see if I'm able to get my car or not. Fingers crossed.

Archived